PAX has always been a haven for indie games since they proliferate the multiple floors in a way that easily overwhelm the AAA titles on display. But given that breadth, it’s easy to lose track of those indie games and decipher what’s good, what’s not so good, and what’s just straight up weird. Even though no human can possibly sample everything on display, here’s a rundown of what those good, bad, and weird indie games were at PAX West 2019. The Good Indies of PAX 2019 | Backbone Backbone is a dystopian noir thriller set in a classist society where a gruff detective sniffs out a case that ends up being more than he bargained for. But that detective is a raccoon and that world is full of anthropomorphized animals. While it could easily rest on its laurels of funny animal people, Backbone goes beyond that and has clever, snappy writing that comfortably balances out its darker tone and jazzy atmosphere. The stealth systems were a bit unforgiving but this is still incredibly early and won’t release until sometime in the next year or two. Regardless, its positives meshed together quite well, making this one of the best games of the… Read full this story
- NFL Draft 2019: Best & Worst picks of Day 2 – Patriots get a steal; Broncos reach for Lock
- Pellegrini lambasts West Ham for ‘worst performance of the season’
- IPL 2019: Best Debutant XI
- Super Bowl 53: Best, worst and wildest moments from 'Opening Night'
- NFL Draft grades: Ranking the best, worst 2019 draft classes 1-32
- Le'Veon Bell free agency 2019: Best fits, who can afford RB, who doesn't need him
- Best & Worst of RAW: Top star missing at TLC, Big problem with opening match
- 2018-19 A-League kits: The best, worst, most creative and the most original
- Aces deal Hotshots worst beating in Game 2 of finals
- NFL Draft 2019: Best players available for second, third rounds
PAX West 2019’s best, worst, and weirdest indie games have 323 words, post on www.gamerevolution.com at September 2, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.