A sight for square eyes Q.U.B.E is what Portal might have been if it was about different coloured blocks instead of different coloured interdimensional doorways. Both take place in sterile test chambers lined with gleaming white tiles, and both involve solving lots of increasingly clever puzzles so you can eventually make a bid for freedom. The only real difference is that one gives you a giant gun to get the job done, while the other has a super cool pair of gloves. I prefer Q.U.B.E’s gloves. Yes, the Portal Gun would undoubtedly have a lot more practical applications outside of GLaDOS’ hellscape, but the feeling you get from pushing and pulling bits of your environment around from across the other side of the room with just a flick of your finger is infinitely cooler in moment-to-moment puzzle solving than pulling a simple trigger. You’re a Jedi in first-person space gloves, and nothing’s going to stand in your way. Q.U.B.E also does that brilliant thing all great puzzle games do – it builds and builds on its ideas until they reach their logical conclusion, riffing and iterating on certain actions or trains of thought without ever overstaying their welcome. Then it… Read full this story
- The real Truman show: Capote, Warhol chats inspire new play
- 'Chiriya Ke Bahane', a satirical play on corruption staged in Jaipur
- When a Broadway-goer rails against a play as unfair to white people, the playwright responds
- Eva Longoria shares adorable photo of toddler son Santiago playing with plush panda
- 100kg transgender footballer set to be hot property in AFL Women's league - but should she be allowed to play?
- Playful magpie tests the patience of elderly cat by pecking at its tail and squawking
- LEGO Cyber Monday 2019: From Frozen 2 to Marvel Avengers, Amazon shoppers are currently saving up to 25% off these fun LEGO play sets
- Shelley Morrison, actress who played maid on 'Will & Grace,' dies at 83
- Franz Kafka's play 'Metamorphosis' staged at Mayo College's annual prize-giving ceremony
- Salman Khan’s Kick 2 To Release On This Date; Pooja Hedge Or Kriti Sanon To Play The Female Lead?
Have You Played... Q.U.B.E? have 368 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.