A polarizing final episode, be damned: Game of Thrones won the 2019 Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series. The honor marks the show’s fourth win in the category.
Prior to tonight, Game of Thrones has received 10 Primetime Emmy awards: three for Outstanding Drama series, two for directing, two for writing, and three for Peter Dinklage (Best Supporting Actor). The show has also won 47 technical awards throughout the years. Including tonight’s win for Best Drama, as well as another award for Peter Dinklage for Best Supporting Actor, that brings the total number of Emmys won by Game of Thrones to 59.
This final season of Game of Thrones was divisive among critics and fans alike, but the show’s mark on pop culture is undeniable, with networks and studios clamoring to fill the gap it has left. At least two prequel series set in the world of Westeros are in the works at HBO.
- Ang Lee wins best director Oscar for "Life of Pi"
- 'Brave' wins best animated feature Oscar
- Local students win best script at Kids Witness News
- ANZ Vietnam wins Best Retail Bank in Vietnam award
- Vietnam wins seat in UNESCO Executive Board for fourth time
- Eximbank wins Best Trade Finance Bank award
- Vietcombank wins best bank award
- Golden Kite Awards: Blood letter wins best film
- Singapore wins best film at Vietnam Int'l Film Festival
- Living in Fear wins best new talent in Shanghai