Batman has a new creative team, starting with the first issue of 2020. DC Comics announced yesterday that its flagship Batman comic will be led by writer James Tynion IV, artist Tony S. Daniel, inker Danny Miki and colorist Tomeu Morey, starting Jan. 8, 2020 with Batman #86. The series has been written by Tom King since its relaunch in 2016. Tynion, who has written for Detective Comics and Batman Eternal in the past, promised “to dig deep into the Bat himself and tell and epic story that pushes him to his absolute limits. “I want to tell a Batman story like the kinds I grew up loving,” said Tynion, 31, “one that embraces the horror and gothic elegance of Gotham and dives deep into Batman’s greatest villains.” Daniel and Morey have worked together for about a decade now, and recently collaborated with King on the “City of Bane” storyline that wraps up in December, before Tynion comes aboard. King is heading off to write a new 12-issue series called Batman/Catwoman beginning next year. King’s work on Batman earned him the 2018 Eisner Award for Best Writer (shared with Marjorie Liu). The new year will move Batman back to a… Read full this story
- Celebrity deaths in 2019: Famous faces lost this year from Peter Fonda to Toni Morrison
- ‘Star Wars’ Strikes Back: Behind the Scenes of the Biggest Movie of the Year
- The 100 Most Important Pop Culture Moments of the Last 10 Years: #21-40
- A ridiculous season premiere proves
- Not ’Zilla: 12 giant monster movies that break the Toho mold
- Will DC's Black Label Cross Over Between Comics And Movies?
- io9 Review:
- The reason Alan Moore doesn’t want his name on HBO’s Watchmen
- The best Xbox 360 games
- 'The stench of it stays with everybody': inside the Super Mario Bros movie
Batman’s new creative team begins next year have 303 words, post on www.polygon.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.