Xbox Game Pass has been a big selling point for Microsoft’s Xbox One console as well as PC. But what if that same service was available for every platform? While unlikely, this seems to be something Microsoft is interested in if the opportunity arises.
In an interview by GameReactor at Gamescom 2019, they asked Microsoft’s head of gaming services Ben Decker what would the future of Xbox Game Pass be in a perfect world. While there are no plans in place right now, it seems Microsoft would like to bring its subscription service everywhere.
“You know, we would like to see Game Pass on all platforms ultimately, and I think that is a long-term goal,” said Decker. “We don’t have any specific plans today, but we would love to see Game Pass really go everywhere.”
While it would be great to see Xbox Game Pass on PS4 and Nintendo Switch, you shouldn’t get your hopes up. This seems to be merely a thought and not a feature in active production. The main thing to take away from this is Microsoft’s openness to work with other companies to bring its exclusive content to its current competition.
That doesn’t mean there haven’t been steps for that perfect world scenario to become reality. We’ve recently seen many games, like Fortnite and Rocket League, allow for cross-platform play. In an even more unlikely scenario, Microsoft and Sony announced a joint partnership to create “new innovations” in A.I. solutions and entertainment platforms.
Xbox Game Pass may not be coming to “all platforms” any time soon, the subscription service is currently available for Xbox One and PC right now. Recently, the August 2019 Xbox Game Pass games were announced, bringing the likes of Devil May Cry 5, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, and Downwell to the service.
- Why I Ended the Horror of Long-Term Solitary in Colorado's Prisons
- Ocean Power Technologies Signs Letter of Intent to Enter into Long-Term Supply Agreement with NEC Energy Solutions
- Schuylkill Center Achieves American Nurses Credentialing Center Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care Designation
- INSYS Therapeutics Presents New Clinical Data from Long-Term Safety Study of CBD Oral Solution in Refractory Pediatric Epilepsy
- Improving Nigeria’s Housing Gap with Long Term Partnerships: Okonkwo Shares Insights with Forbes Africa
- Lionsgate COO Brian Goldsmith Signs New Long-Term Agreement
- Long-Term Montney Gas Processing Agreement Fills SemCAMS’ Wapiti Gas Plant
- Solve Long-Term PEIA Problem
- Vista Announces Long-Term Frac Sand Supply Agreement With Chesapeake Energy
- Ubiquitech Announces Long Term Funding Relationship for Increased Inventory, Better Pricing, and Corporate Flexibility