Developer The Astronauts has revealed a The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Switch release date, and it’s coming very soon. The indie horror adventure game was originally released in 2014. The game comes to Switch on August 15.
The Astronauts revealed the Vanishing of Ethan Carter Switch release date in a press release (via Gematsu). The Switch release is based on the 2015 remaster of the original PC game on Unreal Engine 4, which allowed the team to properly scale down the game to run well on Switch (once some challenging parts of the code were rewritten). The Astronauts noted that the Switch version features an increased font size to make the game easier to read in handheld mode.
“[The Switch] seems to get along well with The Vanishing of Ethan Carter,” The Astronauts co-founder Adrian Chmielarz said. “Never before has touring Red Creek Valley under a blanket been so comfortable. And unsettling.”
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter follows protagonist Paul Prospero, who travels to the home of a boy named Ethan Carter to investigate his strange disappearance. Players communicate with the dead and make observations to investigate a series of murders and solve the mystery of Ethan’s disappearance.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter received generally favorable reviews after its initial PC launch in 2014, and it was later ported to PS4 in 2015 and Xbox One in 2018. In GameRevolution’s The Vanishing of Ethan Carter PS4 review, we gave the game a 4/5, and the PS4 version’s sales ended up paying for 10 months of development in just one week. The Astronaut’s latest game is Witchfire, whose The Game Awards trailer was quite impressive with its spooky atmosphere and gorgeous visuals. The Astronauts recently announced the Witchfire team is stepping away from social media and other online activities until the end of August in order to break out of a so-called “development lull” on the game, which the devs call “the Dark Souls of Shooters.”
- 'The Witcher' trailer reveals release date
- Universal announces release dates for 2 M. Night Shyamalan movies, but there's a twist (we assume)
- Trent Reznor confirms release date of new Nine Inch Nails EP, shares tour dates
- Date announced for Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings
- Pressure mounts on Contra Costa Sheriff to stop posting inmate release dates for ICE to use
- Pressure mounts on Contra Costa Sheriff to stop posting inmate release dates that ICE can use
- Suit claims Illinois child welfare agency kept children in psychiatric hospitals past release date
- Casey Anthony Sentenced to Four Years in Jail; Release Date Is Next Wednesday
- Further Postponements of Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FATCA) Effective Dates Announced
- AILET 2015 dates announced: May 3, 2015