Roguelike platformer Spelunky 2 won’t make its previously scheduled 2019 release date. Developer Derek Yu broke the bad news on Twitter, saying that the follow-up to the original Spelunky simply needs more time.
“Unfortunately, I don’t think we’re going to get to release Spelunky 2 this year,” Yu said on his Mossmouth Twitter account. “Development is still going well and we’re not far off target, but the density and detail of the game is demanding more time.”
Yu did not commit to a 2020 release date.
“As soon as we have a release date for [Spelunky 2], we’ll make sure everyone knows!” Yu said. “We can’t wait to show you more, although of course the best way is for you to experience it for yourself at launch.”
Yu added that the teams at Mossmouth and Blitworks have “been adding more detail, as well as increasing the contrast to make existing details pop” based on player feedback.
- Brexit could be delayed beyond March 2019, admits minister
- World’s tallest building delayed to 2019: Saudi prince
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ release date delayed 7 months to December 2019
- Rice self-sufficiency goal delayed till 2019
- SpaceX delayed a historic rocket launch just seconds before liftoff due to a familiar glitch
- HCM City: VND10 trillion anti-flood facility to be operational late 2019
- EU parliament votes to delay Brexit negotiations
- The next ‘Fast and Furious’ movie has been delayed a year, until 2020
- Theresa May rules out delaying Brexit after negotiations hit deadlock over divorce bill
- EU Parliament President calls for Brexit talks to be delayed