Roguelike platformer Spelunky 2 won’t make its previously scheduled 2019 release date. Developer Derek Yu broke the bad news on Twitter, saying that the follow-up to the original Spelunky simply needs more time. “Unfortunately, I don’t think we’re going to get to release Spelunky 2 this year,” Yu said on his Mossmouth Twitter account. “Development is still going well and we’re not far off target, but the density and detail of the game is demanding more time.” Yu did not commit to a 2020 release date. “As soon as we have a release date for [Spelunky 2], we’ll make sure everyone knows!” Yu said. “We can’t wait to show you more, although of course the best way is for you to experience it for yourself at launch.” Yu added that the teams at Mossmouth and Blitworks have “been adding more detail, as well as increasing the contrast to make existing details pop” based on player feedback. Spelunky 2 was announced at Paris Games Week in 2017. The following year, the developer penciled in a 2019 release date for PlayStation 4 and Windows PC via Steam.
- Gov. Ambode inaugurates 1000-hectare satellite city in Epe
- Senior official: NASA will delay first flight of new SLS rocket until 2019
- International Men's Health Week 2019: Health tips all men should pay attention to
- Vande Bharat Express trains may be delayed further
- IBPS Result 2019-20 for Clerk, PO and SO Announced on ibps.in, Check Details Here
- Vietnam Golden Ball Awards 2019: Waiting for the best players to be honoured
- Hidden gems on the 2019 Glastonbury lineup
- The pandemic could delay the results of the November presidential election by at least A WEEK as states deal with increased mail-in votes, say officials
- Law enforcement ties, long delay complicate Arbery case
- Chandra Grahan 2019: Is Lunar Eclipse harmful for pregnant women? Here are the precautions you may follow
Spelunky 2 delayed beyond 2019 have 308 words, post on www.polygon.com at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.