During Gamescom Opening Night Live, it was announced that Call of Duty Modern Warfare open alpha is coming to PS4 this Friday. The open alpha will focus on the 2v2 Gunfight mode and will have five different playable maps.
For PlayStation 4 fans, this will the first opportunity to experience Call of Duty Modern Warfare before the open beta. All PS4 users can play the Call of Duty Modern Warfare alpha, there’s no code.
The Alpha will bring five maps: Speedball, King, Pine, Docks, and Stack. Besides 2v2 Gunfight Call of Duty Modern Warfare will also feature 6v6, new 10v10, 20v20, and 100+ player modes.
CharlieIntel has reported Activision as saying:
“Expect multiple Operators to be available, at least one game mode to play (with “Pickup” variant mode scheduled), and a number of other surprises as content is added throughout the weekend!”
Activision and Sony have confirmed that PlayStation 4 players can start to pre-load the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Gunfight Open Alpha on Thursday, August 22 at 10AM PT.
The Gunfight 2v2 Open Alpha will be available to play starting at 10AM PT / 1PM ET on Friday, August 23, but players can get the download file installed on their PS4 consoles to be ready to play at the start time.
For PS4 players, you can visit the PlayStation 4 Store and search for the 2v2 Alpha on the store to start the download. You can also download it remotely on the PS Store site once it is available.
Chris Wray from Wccftech had much praise for his hands on experience with the multiplayer:
It’s this mode, following a short test of the RTX features, which I got to play. Before we talk about the actual gameplay, I want to say a little about RTX. It’s brilliant. I’ve seen it in action, live, on a few titles this week and when utilised correctly, it truly can be a game-changer on the aesthetic side of things. Little aspects that one wouldn’t normally pay much attention to, like shell casings on the floor, now have more of a depth and feel to them as the game actually shows their shadows. Reflections in water show so much more of the world which, before, for all intents and purposes didn’t exist since you weren’t looking at it. Colour me impressed, then reflect me with you RTX magic, Modern Warfare.
Lets see if the finished product can live upto it.
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Gunfight Open Alpha is exclusive to PS4 and will run from August 23 at 10AM PT and end on August 25. A specific end time for this has not been announced.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reveals New PS4 Exclusive Content
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Confirms Highly Requested Feature Is Coming This Month
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reveals Two Changes Coming to Multiplayer
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Teases Future Operators
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Confirms Popular Feature Is Returning Soon
- Infinity Ward Fails To Ban Infamous Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Cheater
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Is Getting a 3v3 Gunfight Mode
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Players Get a Double Weapon XP Weekend
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Update Will Fix One of Its Worst Exploits
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare DLC Proceeds Pledged to Help Australian Bushfire Relief