The updated version of Persona 5 now has a western release locked in (to a season, at least).
That’s the American spring, by the way, so expect a release between March and May 2020.
This news comes via a new trailer for the game, released at the tail end of a panel at the Atlus Art Show in LA, which celebrated the work of Persona artist Shigenori Soejima (cheers, GameSpot). The trailer is below, and while it doesn’t give a whole lot of insight beyond the date, it’s a fine reminder of just how much style Persona 5 has.
We’ve known for a while that the western release was targeting a 2020 release, but this narrows it down further. The original Persona 5 released in the west on April 4, 2017.
Persona 5 Royal is an expanded version of Persona 5 with a new playable character, Kasumi Yoshizawa. We know that some of the existing cast, like Ann, will get a bigger role in this new version, and there will be numerous tweaks made to justify the inevitable double-dipping of fans.
The Japanese version is due to release on October 31 – hopefully we’ll get more insight into how much has been added once people get their hands on it. While the original Persona 5 came to PS3 as well, Royal is a PS4 exclusive for now (as much as we want a Switch version).
- Pistons release 2019-2020 schedule
- Sabres going to royal blue next season
- IPL 2020 : 3 players RR might release before the IPL auction
- Fans get their wish: Sabres going to royal blue in 2020-21
- IPL 2020: 3 players RCB should target in the IPL auction
- For Rory McIlroy, It All Started at Royal Portrush
- Royals Escape a Mets Threat in the 9th
- Jacob deGrom’s Sharp Pitching Gives Mets the Win Over the Royals
- Grant eyes home comforts in Royal County Down bid
- A Day at the Royal Races, in Song