Need for Speed: Heat is the next instalment in EA long-running racing romp, confirming the leak from Australian retailer Gameware. You can watch the reveal trailer above, which gives us a taste of the story but no in-game footage.
Not for the first time in Need for Speed, the cops are involved, this time a ‘rogue police force’, though we don’t know much about them yet. The trailer is like a recruitment pamphlet for a racing cult, but if winning races and making my car look dope sticks it to rotten cops, I’ll join.
As always, it’s got that off-brand Fast and Furious vibe. It was even more evident in the last game, Payback, which was less ‘so bad it’s good’ and more just plain bad. The driving was solid, but the story was at best awkward and the pacing wasn’t great, either. Hopefully we’ll get a better yarn this time.
Need for Speed: Heat is due out on November 5 on Origin Access Premier and November 8 for everyone else.
- Arkansas man killed when car traveling at 'high rate of speed' veers into tree, cops say
- Woman, 35, dies in crash after speeding car hits pole, cops say
- 11-year-old girl with special needs dies in hot car: cops
- In red Texas, Beto O'Rourke says he has the coalition needed to upset Ted Cruz in November
- Poll Managers Needed in Charleston County for the November Election
- Miami HEAT, Miami Cancer Institute and Entercom Team Up in the Fight Against Cancer
- The Five Most Intriguing Story Lines Heading Into Tonight's Miami Heat Season Opener
- Police misconduct: Your NJ traffic stop could be with a troubled cop
- Atlantic City K9 cop linked to $4.5M in settlements indicted by feds
- Police misconduct in NJ: Investigation finds troubled cops on NJ streets