League of Legends patch 9.17 is live for testing on the PBE. The highlight so far are the Elderwood and Infernal champion skins, though those pesky Aurelion Sol and Kayle changes from the last patch cycle are still around for more testing, with no firm release date in sight (yet).
Ahri, Nocturne, and Veigar each get an Elderwood-themed skin, with VFX, SFX, animations, splash art and more all calling to mind a faerie forest. It’s Galio, Shen, and Varus who get Infernal skins. Scroll down to enjoy their artwork and pre-release trailers – we’ll update with more as and when we can.
Elsewhere, there are plenty of new chromas, summoner icons, and emotes to enjoy. Patch 9.17 is only just getting started, so check back soon for more balance changes, cosmetic additions and much more as soon as we have them.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.17 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
We don’t have an exact release date for League of Legends patch 9.17, but updates tend to release every two weeks. With that in mind, expect the new patch to arrive on Wednesday, August 28.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.17 BALANCE CHANGES
Aurelion Sol – changed
- Center of the Universe (P):
- Damage changed to 16-120 from 20-130.
- AP ratio changed to 25% from 18-35%.
- Starsurge (Q):
- Cooldown changed to 11/10/9/8/7 seconds from 10 seconds at all ranks.
- Movement speed increased to 20% from 10%.
- If Aurelion Sol is faster than his Q, the missile will speed up to keep up.
- Celestial Expansion (W):
- Now causes Aurelion Sol’s stars to expand, gaining increased damage and rotating at high, but decaying. Upon reactivating or after 3 seconds, the stars retract, granting 40% movement speed, but decaying over 1.5 seconds.
- 8/6.5/5/3.5/2 seconds cooldown.
- Mana cost changed to 70/80/90/100/110 from 40 + 22/24/26/28/30 per second.
- Comet of Legend (E):
- No longer grants passive movement speed.
- Range increased to 5500/6000/6500/7000/7500 from 3000/4000/5000/6000/7000.
- Cooldown changed to 80/70/60/50/40 from 60/55/50/45/40 seconds.
- Speed increased to 600/650/700/750/800 from 600 at all ranks.
Kayle – changed
- Armor increased to 29 from 26.
- Attack speed changed to 0.667 + 2.5% per level from 0.625 + 1.5% per level.
- Divine Ascent (P):
- Innate (level 1): Movement speed changed to 10% in all directions from 15% towards champions, and can now stack vs towers. Moved ranged form to rank 1 evolve. Moved AoE attacks to rank 2 evolve.
- Ranged (level 6): Range decreased to 525 from 550, and attack speed per stack while ranged decreased to 6% from 10%.
- Transcended (level 16): No longer deals true damage, but now adds 50 range (for 575 total).
- Radiant Blast (Q):
- Now refunds 50% mana cost if it hits a champion.
- Cast delay decreased to 0.25 from 0.5.
- Cast time changed to 0.25 from auto-attack timer.
- Missile speed decreased to 1600 from 2000.
- Range decreased to 900 units from 950 units.
- Shred decreased to 15% from 20%.
- Shred duration increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds.
- Fixed a bug where Q wouldn’t pierce as far if hit at point blank range.
- Starfire Spellblade (E):
- Execute damage changed to 8/9/10/11/12% + 2% per 100 AP from 8-16 + 1% per 100 AP.
- Passive damage AP ratio increased to 30% from 20%.
- Passive damage AD ratio increased to 120% tAD from 100% tAD.
- Divine Judgement (R):
- Cooldown decreased to 120/100/80 from 160/120/80.
- Mana cost decreased to 100/50/0 from 100 at all ranks.
- AP ratio increased to 90% from 80%.
- AoE radius increased to 500 from 475.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.17 LOGIN SCREEN
Every League of Legends patch has its own login screen. They’re usually fairly excellent, and patch 9.17’s is sure to be no exception. It’ll likely be based on one of the new skin sets.
- More Heroes of the Storm characters are in development, but no more original heroes for now
- Fnatic’s Twitter account got banned because the esports org was underage
- The cheapest way to buy League of Legends content is Turkish Coca-Cola
That’s all we’ve got for League of Legends patch 9.17. You can stay up to date with the current version of the game via the League of Legends patch 9.16 notes, and make sure to check back for the League of Legends patch 9.18 notes in the very near future.
- Upcoming Apex Legends Patch Will Address The Frequent Crashes
- Latest Apex Legends Patch Adds A New Feature To The Game
- New Apex Legends Patch Finally Buffs Caustic And Gibraltar
- New Apex Legends Patch Fixes The Frequent Crashes
- Upcoming Apex Legends Patch To Address Frame Rate And Hitbox Issues
- Upcoming Apex Legends Patch To Fix Several Major Issues
- New Apex Legends Patch Finally Introduces A Much-Needed Feature
- Apex Legends Season 2’s Legendary Skins Look Incredible
- 'Legend No. 17' sets a box-office record
- Justice League: All Of The Deep Cut DC References That We Caught