I am trying to develop games in C. I don’t want anything super complex like a game engine. I just want something that will create a window, and I can display shapes or images (In the form of textures). What is the simplest, most cross platform way to do this? (I don’t want to rewrite my code for Windows after I make a Linux). Which library is most suitable for what I am describing? Is openGL good? How about SDL? Maybe GTK?
Do any of these support playing sound effects and good texture drawing capabilities?
I know this is not a site to ask recommendations, but I have trying to research for hours and no results.
- Lincolnshire library publishes gift guide for book lovers
- Library sets holiday hours
- Kayaks, ukuleles, neckties: The weird and useful things you can check out from local libraries
- Long Beach Public Library to begin difficult task of digitizing volumes of periodicals, newspapers
- Brent Batten: One person's clutter is another's reference library
- Caregivers find solace, relief in creative escapes
- A HEALTHY Thanksgiving
- 88 great books for holiday gifts in 2018, fun fiction to brain food
- Twenty-eight awarded for innovative programs in Libertyville Elementary District 70
- SMART turns kids into readers through one-on-one relationships: Season of Sharing 2018