A man has been bitten in a suspected shark attack on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
He was paddle boarding in a canal off Bells Esplanade at Pelican Waters just after 7am on Tuesday morning when he was bitten on the wrist.
A Queensland Ambulance spokeswoman told Daily Mail Australia the man aged in his early 40s believed he was bitten by a shark.
Paramedics treated the man at the scene for a ‘very minor’ puncture wound.
A man was bitten in a suspected shark attack on the Sunshine Coast on Tuesday (stock image)
The suspected shark attack happened in a canal at Pelican Waters, where bull sharks are often sighted
‘The man suffered no serious injuries or haemorrhage,’ the spokeswoman told Daily Mail Australia.
‘Paramedics is still assessing as to whether the bite is from a shark.’
The man was taken to Caloundra Clinic in a stable condition.
Bull sharks are known to swim in the canals around Pelican Waters.
- Hundreds of sharks are filmed lurking in shallow water just metres away from stand-up paddle boarders and swimmers at a popular beach
- Shark attacks second surfer near Gracetown in WA's South West after man airlifted to Perth
- Whitsundays shark attack victim was cracking jokes as Swedish nurses saved his life
- Esperance shark attack victim Gary Johnson remembered by wife Karen Milligan in emotional tribute
- Steve Irwin’s Australia Zoo rescues thousands of animals including injured possums and koalas from deadly bush fires
- Barbados holiday guide: the best beaches, restaurants, bars and places to stay
- Warm up in the Gambia at a boutique hotel
- Open for business! Two years after category 5 hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico, hotels are opening and tourists are returning to the Caribbean’s capital of cool
- Downcast Queen arrives for church at Sandringham as Prince Charles makes a flying visit to Oman ahead of tomorrow's royal showdown over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's decision to quit duties - after Wills revealed sadness at the 'broken bond'
- Ekow Eshun: ‘I dreaded going to sleep for fear of seeing him’
- Steely-eyed Queen is seen for first time since Prince Harry announced he and Meghan Markle will quit the Royal Family as crisis talks with Prince Charles and Prince William continue
Stand-up paddle boarder is bitten by shark in calm waters on the Sunshine Coast have 398 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 8, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.