Sony has released a new system software update for PS4, bringing it version 6.72. As you might guess from the version number, it doesn’t add all that much, and there’s no sign of any new user-facing features or improvements. The brief official patch notes state the update “improves system performance.”
The 6.72 update is available now, and it weighs in at around 463 MB. The “system performance” line is a fairly standard one for minor updates like this. On occasion, changes go unnoted, but there’s been no word on any exciting new additions hiding in the update.
The next major PS4 update, meanwhile, is still in beta. That patch will contain big improvements to the console’s Party chat system, including increased chatroom size, better audio quality, and improved network connectivity. There are also a couple of neat accessibility options being tested: the PS4 Second Screen mobile app will allow you to enter text to be spoken aloud to other party members. Additionally, the app can transcribe incoming chat audio from your friends.
In other PlayStation news, July’s PS Plus games are available now. After a mix-up where a game was announced and then swapped out, this month’s free titles are Detroit: Become Human and Horizon Chase Turbo.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]
- Tig Notaro does a victory lap in the exultant
- PS Plus November 2019: Free PS4 Games Announced
- WWE 2K20 Update Out Now, Here Are The Patch Notes
- Tiger Tracker: Hole-by-hole updates
- Fantasy Baseball Rankings Update
- NFL labor, CBA updates for April 25-May 1
- Spurs can’t handle Hornets in 96-72 loss
- Running Back Committee Update: Week 8
- Team USA tops WNBA All-Stars 99-72
- Philbin wins game, and endorsements from ’72 team