In celebration of the Moon landing’s 50th anniversary tomorrow (and Destiny 2: Shadowkeep’s release in September), Bungie has provided our best look yet at its upcoming revamped Moon location.
This is the Moon area from Destiny 1 but now twice the size. Its main feature is its titular red Shadowkeep castle, which looks like something out of Mordor.
But here we can also see familiar areas such as the Archer’s Line Accelerator and the Hellmouth, which have gained new nooks and crannies to explore. That Fallen ketch added in House of Wolves, too. Expect Destiny 2’s Lost Sectors to expand all of these.
For long-time fans, though, the most exciting tease here is likely the return of much-missed Eris Morn – the slightly unhinged heroine from Destiny 1’s original DLC The Dark Below. What’s she been up to ever since? We’re about to find out.
Shadowkeep launches on 17th September for Destiny 2 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Destiny 2's open beta launches on PCs today, and it's one of the best-looking shooters ever
- LG G Watch R: My first 12 hours with the best-looking Android Wear watch of all
- Wide-flared and boot-cut jeans are everywhere. What's the best look?
- Hands on: The Huawei Watch is the best-looking Android Wear watch I've seen
- Star Wars: Is it Kylo Ren’s destiny to return to the light?
- Loons’ Thomas Chacon looking good, could return to lineup
- Here's Our Best Look Yet at the Galaxy S8 Active
- Latest Pixel 2 Leak Gives Us Our Best Look Yet at Google's Phone
- The 13 Best Looks On The Emmys Red Carpet
- 10 Best Looks From Times 100 Gala Red Carpet