Gears of War 4 ended with a huge cliffhanger, so of course Gears of War 5 was an inevitability. Today, Microsoft gave us a release date for The Coalition’s cover-based shooter, which will follow the adventures of Kait Diaz. That’s notable, because as we now know, Diaz seemed to have a strange connection with the Locust.
The last we heard about Kate Diaz, she was wearing a medallion which gave her visions of the Locust Queen — and, even worse, seemed to change her personality. Gears of War 5 seems to pick up from that point, with Diaz stating that she thinks her visions were messages that she needs to follow. Marcus Fenix will help her find answers as they journey across Sera, which is now crumbling.
Microsoft is calling this “the biggest and most beautiful Gears,” where players will be able to discover the origins of the Locust. As always, Gears 5 will have a variety of split-screen and co-op modes, which will have cross play between Xbox One and PC. One of the new modes revealed today for E3 is escape, a three-player bout.
Gears of War 5 releases in September 9, though Xbox Game Pass will get it four days early.
- Former Oakland Raider gets early release from jail
- Halapoulivaati Vaitai gets early 'wake-up call' in Philadelphia Eagles preseason loss
- Trubisky has best game, Bears get biggest victory in 5 years
- Girls basketball: Secaucus passes good early-season test in win over Emerson
- EXCLUSIVE: Former councilman gets early endorsement in challenge to state Sen. Marisol Alcantara
- Big Ten basketball schedule release: Iowa faces big challenges early, late in conference season
- Idaho gets early lead, holds off Louisiana Monroe 31-23
- SEE IT: Jets' Bryce Petty leaves game after getting demolished by two unblocked Dolphins pass rushers
- ‘Saved by the Bell’ actor Dustin Diamond released from jail a month early
- Terry Collins manages 1,013th Mets game, passes Davey Johnson for most in franchise history