In typical grandiose fashion, Square Enix has confirmed the release date for the long-anticipated Final Fantasy VII remake: March 3, 2020.
The hype is heating up for the game right now — the announcement was much welcomed by fans after a lengthy period of silence since the project was announced at E3 2015. The FF7 remake resurfaced in Sony’s State of Play broadcast last month, with Square Enix dropping more footage and promising further details at its keynote at E3 (which is tomorrow, by the way).
But that didn’t stop Square Enix from ramping up the fanfare. During a concert dedicated to the iconic role-playing game earlier today, the publisher released a new trailer with even more sneak previews of the gameplay, and most importantly, the release date for PS4.
The release date does bring some good news to fans, as development on the project was derailed by Square’s unhappiness with the work by CyberConnect 2, the studio that was initially hired to assist with some action gameplay. According to now-deleted comments on Reddit by Japanese game designer Dan Tsukasa, Square deemed CyberConnect 2’s work “unusable” and abandoned it entirely.
Doesn’t feel that long, but it’s hard to grasp that it’s been 22 years since the original FF7 came out, and what a leap in graphics it has been during that course of time.
- The Ups and Downs of Final Fantasy VII Remake Are Giving Me a Heart Attack
- Final Fantasy VII Remake: The Kotaku Review
- Tips For Playing Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade’s Yuffie Mission Is A Must-Play
- Sony's E3 2015 Conference: The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Shenmue 3, and More
- The best Final Fantasy game is getting a remaster (no, not that one again)
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake PC port speculation resurfaces through past retailer listing
- Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 7 and more: New games on PS Now for September
- Gamescom 2021 Brings Over 40 Game Reveals at Opening Night Live; Halo Infinite, Horizon Forbidden West Get Release Dates
- Daniel Craig's final James Bond movie finally gets release date after pandemic delays
- Following Delay, Lady Gaga Finally Announces New Chromatica Album Release Date
- Vigil: Shaun Evans and Suranne Jones' new BBC drama gets release date - and it's very soon!
- Square Enix Doesn't Rule Out Final Fantasy X-3
- The Ten best video game soundtracks of all time - our guide to the best soundtracks including Minecraft and Final Fantasy
- The Best Games Like Final Fantasy | Digital Trends
- Maska Release Date: Manisha Koirala, Shirley Setia Netflix Film Out March 20
- 'Halo Infinite' release date finally revealed at Gamescom 2021
- Final Fantasy IV launching on mobile on Sept 8 as part of Pixel Remaster
- PS4 and Xbox One Exclusive Batman: Return to Arkham Release Date Announced
- Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Impressions: No Fun, No Fantasy
Final Fantasy VII remake gets a release date: March 3, 2020 have 486 words, post on www.asiaone.com at June 10, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.