Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy Dissidia NT will be adding Tifa Lockheart of Final Fantasy 7 fame to its roster as DLC. Tifa will arrive July 2nd on PC via Steam and July 3rd on the PlayStation 4. You can see a trailer of Tifa in action below as she fights it out against the rest of Final Fantasy Dissidia NT‘s huge roster of 30 different characters from across the series’ long and storied history.
Tifa is the third Final Fantasy 7 character to join the game’s roster, with the other two being protagonist Cloud Strife and final boss Sephiroth. In combat, Tifa utilizes the various martial arts taught to her by her master Zangan, as well as her signature Limit Break which is represented in-game via a series of punches and kicks controlled with a slot machine interface.
First released in 2015 in Japanese arcades, and 2018 on PC and the PlayStation 4, Final Fantasy Dissidia NT is the third game in the Final Fantasy Dissidia series of spin-off fighting games. The first games in the series, simply titled Final Fantasy Dissidia was released in 2008, with a sequel Dissidia Duodecim arriving in 2011 for the same console.
A free version of Dissidia NT was release for both the PC And PlayStation 4 in March 2019. This version of the game lacks most of the features of the retail release, including having only 4 playable characters that rotate on a weekly basis and the inability to access story mode. However, players of the free version can port their data from the free version of the game to the retail version, and can fight against owners of the full game in online play.
Have you played Final Fantasy Dissidia NT? What are your thoughts on the game and how does it compare to prior entries in the series? Let us know in the comments.
Have a tip for us? Awesome! Shoot us an email at [email protected] and we’ll take a look!
Nicole SeraphitaStaff Writer
I’ve been gaming since the days of the NES and spend most of my time with the hobby playing RPGs and fighting games. Besides gaming, I also enjoy table top gaming, cosplay, writing and walking outside when its nice..
report this ad
- Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ignis Story DLC’s Release Month Announced with First Dramatic Teaser Trailer
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 Adds Facebook Integration
- E3 2017: Dissidia NT Adds New Paint to a Similar Body
- Final Fantasy: Dissidia Duodecim Confirmed for US
- Launch Trailer for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Heralds Release, DLC Revealed
- Final Fantasy Explorers Gets FFVII Costume DLC
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call gets second DLC wave in Japan
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 Will Be DLC-Happy, Still No Word on Vita UMD Passports
- Final Fantasy 15 Director Talks Story DLC & Chapter 13 Design
- Final Fantasy 15 Patch Adds 60FPS on PS4 Pro