Cyberpunk 2077 becomes another reason to buy an RTX card and go knows RTX cards need as many reasons as possible. CyberPunk 2077 is based on a future based world. And the future is shiny with all the metal, LEDs, gizmos, puddles and colors. And to add to the realism of environmental elements. CD Red Projekt has included RTX integration. That’s right folks, Cyber Punk 2077 is going to use ray tracing.
Pawel himself has confirmed in an interview that in order to make the world more realistic, Cyberpunk 2077 required ray-tracing. That means all those flashy neon lights will glare and shine realistically.
All those smooth water bodies and shiny metal objects like your blades, enhancements, and guns will reflect light naturally. All the shadows in Cyberpunk 2077 will be more vivid and your character may even get glimpses of enemies in the mirrors.
Ray-tracing is considered the holy grail of gaming graphics but the holy grail is expensive. It simulates the physical behavior of light to bring real-time, cinematic-quality rendering to some games.
Sure that doesn’t necessarily justify the purchase of an RTX card especially when you consider the possible performance hit. Cyberpunk 2077 Ray-Tracing is expected to dent your frame rates performance. On the flip side, the title will look great. Your frame rates with RTX on will depend on your resolution.
Since Cyberpunk 2077 is a single player experience lower frame rates won’t matter as long as the game runs smoothly. Anything below 40-45 frames at 2K with RTX won’t feel as smooth.
We will have to wait for performance analysis to come out before we can consider getting an RTX just for Cyberpunk 2077. It is also a fact that Cyberpunk 2077 will not only prove to be a console seller but also a GPU seller.
- Become a Cyberpunk 2077 Character With New Instagram Filters
- Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition Pre-Orders Are Available for PS4 and Xbox One
- Cyberpunk 2077 Promises State of the Art NSFW Scenes
- Cyberpunk 2077 Is Shorter Than The Witcher 3, But More Replayable
- Cyberpunk 2077 Will Let You Burn the City Down With Keanu Reeves
- CD Projekt Red won’t rule out microtransactions in Cyberpunk 2077 spinoff
- Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Spin-Off May Have Microtransactions; PS5, Xbox Scarlett Under Consideration
- Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer monetisation is still being explored
- Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Not Worried About Half-Life: Alyx Game Because VR Is Very "Niche"
- Cyberpunk 2077 will be shorter but more replayable than The Witcher 3