Game of Thrones may be a medieval fantasy but the latest episode had a distinctly modern touch when a stray Starbucks cup made an unexpected cameo in the fictional Westeros kingdom of dragons and zombies, sending fans into a frenzy.The distinctive paper cup with plastic cover was spotted on a table at a feast in Winterfell within reach of characters Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen during episode 4 of the final season, The Last of the Starks.Bernie Caulfield, one of the executive producers of HBO’s global hit television series, apologised to fans.”I can’t believe (it),” she said in an interview with New York’s WNYC radio on Monday. “Our onset prop people and decorators are so on it a 1000 per cent.””We’re sorry! Westeros was the first place to actually have Starbucks,” Caulfield quipped.In a tongue-in-cheek comment, HBO said that “the latte that appeared in the episode was a mistake. Daenerys had ordered an herbal tea.”Starbucks, the world’s biggest coffee chain, had its own take on the unexpected publicity in a series that is watched by more than 30 million people in the United States alone.”TBH we’re surprised she didn’t order a Dragon Drink,” the company said on Twitter, referring to… Read full this story
- World Cup flashbacks: Five memorable cameos that changed the course of games
- Game Of Thrones: Which Characters Have The Best Odds Of Dying?
- Steam Makes 5 New Games Free for Limited Time
- Kit Harington Rules Out Cameo in 'Game of Thrones' Spinoff
- George R.R. Martin Reveals Another 'Game of Thrones' Spinoff Idea
- Game of Thrones Fans Raise the Banner For House Stark
- 'Game of Thrones' Creator George RR Martin Says He's Been "Struggling" With 'The Winds of Winter'
- Games of Thrones Beyond the Wall: Best tips and tricks to win
- 'Game of Thrones' Creator George RR Martin Hints at Targaryen Prequel, Other Spinoffs
- Game of Thrones: George RR Martin Says 3 Successor Shows in Development
Starbucks cup makes Game of Thrones cameo have 333 words, post on www.news.com.au at May 7, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.