One of the greatest classics from the arcade golden age is being adapted into a board game. Space Invaders – The Board Game has just launched on Kickstarter, and, as of this time of writing, it’s already pretty close to achieving its $45,000 goal, with 30 days to go. The game is being developed as a partnership of Square Enix Holdings subsidiary TAITO Corporation, the creator and copyright holder of Space Invaders, and 612 Entertainment, a cross-media entertainment production company founded in 2017 by entertainment and media industry veterans. The announcement also celebrates the 40th anniversary of the original 1978 Space Invaders.Space Invaders – The Board Game will be available as a standard and as a numbered collector’s edition. Both will only be available during the Kickstarter campaign. The board game incorporates today’s popular deckbuilding mechanics and combines them with a more traditional strategy board game, allowing 2-4 players to collect Space Invaders cards and add them to their hands while moving across the board and shooting enemy ships with laser cannons. The visual presentation and atmosphere strive to be as close to the original arcade game as possible, evoking a brilliant retro gaming experience. The game includes over 240 playing… Read full this story
- You can play Space Invaders and Sega Rally in this new Hull shop
- Space Invaders used in anti-tailgating campaign by road chiefs
- F1 legend Nigel Mansell backs Highways England tailgating campaign that gives nod to classic arcade game Space Invaders
- High-velocity stars from another galaxy may be invading Milky Way
- What is the Russian Soyuz rocket, who was on board and why were they going to the International Space Station?
- How to stop giant spiders from invading your home
- Pink men invade city centre
- 'Invaders' daubed on refugee memorial
- Frisky daddy long legs have started invading homes
- STD-riddled ladybirds are invading people's homes
Space Invaders have 308 words, post on techraptor.net at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.