Exports of the German electrical industry amounted to 18.4 billion euros (20.6 billion U.S. dollars) in March, marking a year-on-year increase of 6.7 percent, the German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers’ Association (ZVEI) have announced. During the first quarter (Q1) of 2019, the German electrical industry’s total exports grew by 5.8 percent to a total of 54.1 billion euros compared to the same period last year. “Exports have thus developed significantly better than new orders, production and sales, despite trade conflicts and a cooling global economy,” commented Andreas Gontermann, chief economist at ZVEI. China remained the most important partner country for German companies in the electrical industry. Goods worth a total of 5.1 billion euros were exported to China last year, meaning a “rather modest growth” of 0.9 percent, according to ZVEI. During the same period in 2018, companies in the German electrical industry had recorded a growth in exports to China of 13.9 percent. Speaking to Xinhua, ZVEI economic expert Juergen Polzin said exports from the German electrical industry to China had been very strong in recent years. “The weaker growth can be seen as a counter-reaction to the recent very strong growth.” Exports by the German electrical industry to… Read full this story
- New German Electric Car Subsidy Excludes Tesla Motors
- Public-private cyber threat intelligence sharing necessary in electricity industry
- Watchdogs ID 6 critical cybersecurity challenges for electrical grids
- Data centers focus on PUE in their quest to use electricity efficiently
- Lawmakers see cyberthreats to electrical grid
- Sensor industry to grow to $162 billion thanks to IoT, smart cities and eHealth
- Alleged YouTube music ripper sued by industry for copyright infringement
- Update: SAP increases Q1 profit on strong U.S. sales
- Better To Export Natural Gas Fracking Or Advanced Coal Technologies?
- The electrical grid: A vital yet unsecured part of US infrastructure
Exports of the German electrical industry increase have 285 words, post on famagusta-gazette.com at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.