After laying dormant for close to a decade, Activision has finally announced the next game in the Call of Duty Modern Warfare franchise called… well, Modern Warfare.
The game was unveiled in a new trailer posted by Activision that stars one of the game’s protagonists, Captain Price, and gives us our first look at some of the locales we’ll be visiting in our next tour of duty. (We’ve posted it down below.)
One of the most striking parts of the trailer, however, is all of the nightvision scenes, where the footage seems almost identical to real-life raids. According to Activision, everything in the trailer was in-game footage, so that seems really promising.
According to information sent to TechRadar in a press release, the game won’t feature a traditional season pass and will instead offer at least some of its map packs for free. We’ve also seen reports that Modern Warfare will support cross-play between the three platforms – though, thanks to some pre-existing deals between Sony and Activision, PS4 might get DLC ahead of the other platforms.
The game will be developed by Infinity Ward, the studio behind the original Modern Warfare and its sequel, Modern Warfare 2, and is set to arrive on October 25 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One with pre-orders beginning today.
- Need something to play right now? Here’s our list of the best PS4 games
- Call of Duty's Prop Hunt, One Year Later
- Fortnite-inspired mass battle mode coming to Call of Duty Black Ops 4
- Activision shows PC some love, plans “significant” resources for Call of Duty
- Analysis: Player interest in Call of Duty’s campaigns is cratering
- Navy to Christen Littoral Combat Ship Cincinnati
- Everything We Know About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- When duty called in WWII, women answered
- Driverless vehicles may reshape future of warfare
- Ranks of Notorious Hate Group Include Active-Duty Military
- U.S. Army rejects Detroit for its Futures Command, citing livability deficit
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 — how and why Treyarch changed multiplayer combat
- Watch All The Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailers Here
- Report: More than one-third ignore Philly jury duty summonses
- Road Warrior: Future looks bleak for Meadows Road Bridge
- Westworld’s digital marketing is giving fans sneak peeks at the show’s biggest secrets
- Plazas: Music Modernization Act gives artists path to get paid more fairly
- Analysis. How digitalization is reshaping the jobs of the future
- Is there a future for capitalism? It doesn’t have to become an uncontrollable monster
- Movies AND TRAILER: Nicole Kidman's new Sci-fi How To Talk To Girls At Parties
- Questions abound as lawmakers prepare to take up Greitens’ future as governor
Call of Duty Modern Warfare trailer shows us the bleak future of combat – again have 426 words, post on www.techradar.com at May 30, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.