Welcome back to Toy Aisle, io9’s regular round up of the latest and greatest threats to our wallets. This week: tHellboy movie gets a rad action figure, Nebula joins the Hot Toys Avengers and…Star Wars toys today? Check it out!
Lego Star Wars Tantine IV
TStar Wars Celebration Chicago, Lego officially unveiled the swanky new set it will release in celebration of Star Wars day next month on May 4th: the Tantive IV, the Organa family’s blockade-running diplomatic cruiser. Coming in at 1,768 pieces, the vessel is not just a display model, but also Rogue One), Captain Antilles, a Rebel Fleet Trooper, C-3PO,
On top of that, the ship’s radar tower doubles as a grip for you to hold and swoosh the whole thing around, like you’re, say, pretending to flee from an Imperial Star Destroyer while on a totally unsuspicious diplomatic mission to Alderaan! The Tantive IV will set you back an eye-watering $200 when it launches on May 3.
Mezco One:12 Collective Hellboy Figure
Ron Perlman did a great job bringing the character from the pages of Mike Mignola’s comic book series to the big screen, but the first two Hellboy movies didn’t exactly scream “Lionsgate enlisted Stranger Things’ David Harbour for its new, and decidedly darker, take on the character, and while the film might not be fantastic, Mezco’s One:12 Collective figure based on the new Hellboy looks great. With over 28 points of articulation, two heads, eight different hands,available for pre-order now for $80.
Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame Nebula Sixth-Scale Figure
Though barely recognizable under her character’s makeup and prosthetics, Karen Gillan has managed to turn Nebula into one of Marvel’s best anti-heroes. Since she Avengers: Endgame, and even more excited that Hot Toys has given the character an excellent figure treatment. Standout features for the 12-inch figure include a detailed Ravengers jumpsuit, 28 points of articulation, and an intricate cybernetic left arm. Pricing hasn’t been announced yet, but availability won’t be until sometime mid-2020.
Hallmark itty bittys Chewbacca Bandolier Carrier
Of all the adorably-deformed collectible caricatures of popStar Wars Celebration 2019 in Chicago right now.
Regal Robot Star Wars Space Slug Desk Organizer
With Star Wars Celebration 2019 in full swingSpace Slug Desk Organizer. It recreates the memorable scene from The Empire Strikes Back in exacting detail, as the original prop exogorth puppet was digitally scanned to create the molds for this resin replica. For $99 it even includes a tiny Millennium Falcon pencil topper, and a black pencil to complete the effect.
Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Vehicle Inflatable Lawn Decoration
Is it too early to start thinking about decorating for Halloween and Christmas? Obviously not. At some point there was clearly a technological breakthrough when it comes to inflatable lawn decor, because it seems like overnight we went from blob-like snowmen that could barely stay standing, to nine-feet long replicas of Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters. This is bleeding (or blowing?) edge technology, which is also why it will take a $250 dent out of your holiday decorating budget.
Dr. Ian Malcolm has already astutely described this $40, 70-inch wide freakish abomination of Summer fun: “…but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.” It’s an officially licensed Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom collectible, and as with the movie, something we
- The Coolest Pop Culture Lego Sets to Build
- Happy Halloween! There are Luigi's Mansion Lego sets on the way
- The 4,784-Piece Lego Star Wars UCS Imperial Star Destroyer Makes Me Want to Root for the Empire
- Storage containers are scarce, so toymakers are focused on small, squishy toys for the holidays
- Toymakers race to get products on shelves amid supply clogs
- Prince Harry to lose another Royal Family role as Princess Beatrice tipped to take over
- Breaking Down the Ominous Portents of the New Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Footage
- LEGO Advent calendars are here, on sale, and awesome
- When is Black Friday 2021 and how to get the best UK deals
- I’ve saved £4k by renting toys for my kids & I’ll hire Xmas gifts – it stops them getting bored & it’s great for bribery
- Amazon has launched a week of early Christmas present deal sales
- Ice not thawed? Prince William and Prince Harry in new storm over 'curt' birthday post
- Elton John 'forced to decline Royal invite to Princess Diana memorial' after hip operation
- William set for furious Netflix row as Sussexes cash in on £112m deal
- Meghan Markle's 'eye-watering' faux pas on New York trip laid bare
- Royal Family: Harry and Meghan to mark major first with Lilibet and Archie this week
- Black Friday 2021: When is it and how to get the best deals in the UK
- 'Frail' Princess Charlene of Monaco sparks concern among fans in new snap - after final ENT procedure in South Africa 'went very well'
- Royal Family LIVE: William set for furious Netflix row as Sussexes cash in on £112m deal
- How to Bone When You’re Alone: 17 Sex Toys That People Bought During Quarantine
Princess Leia's Flagship Gets an Amazing New Lego Set, and More Forceful Toys of the Week have 842 words, post on io9.gizmodo.com at April 12, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.