Manchester City leapfrogged Liverpool at the top of the Premier League. © AFP Manchester City brushed aside struggling Cardiff to leapfrog Liverpool at the top of the Premier League on Wednesday as Tottenham opened their glittering stadium in style. City’s 2-0 victory over Cardiff took Pep Guardiola’s quadruple-chasers to 80 points – one clear of Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool, with both sides having six matches to go. Tottenham marked their long-delayed move into their state-of-the-art new home with a 2-0 win against Crystal Palace, while Chelsea thumped Brighton 3-0.Kevin De Bruyne put City ahead in the sixth minute at the Etihad Stadium, firing in from a tight angle and Leroy Sane doubled the lead for the defending champions with a sharp finish just before half-time.Guardiola, whose team take on Brighton at Wembley in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday, made seven changes to his starting line-up, handing teenager Phil Foden his first Premier League start.Despite the win, Guardiola said his side, who had 11 shots on target, needed to be more clinical.”We played really well,” he said. “We started really well. A magnificent goal from Kevin De Bruyne. Unfortunately we missed a lot of chances, we need to score more goals.”Phil… Read full this story
- 2017/18 Premier League fixture list: Tottenham and Chelsea contest first ever Premier League game at Wembley Stadium
- Man City Is Crowned Premier League Champs While Liverpool Settles For Second
- [FOLLOW NOW] Is it over for Manchester City?
- After spending nothing all summer, Tottenham Hotspur is preparing a £90 million transfer frenzy
- Tottenham Hotspur players are reportedly revolting over their pay after defender Danny Rose gave an insanely frank interview
- Manchester United wants £60 million Tottenham Hotspur star who once said ‘it would be hard turn them down’
- Here’s why the Premier League will smash its £1.17 billion spending record this summer
- The Premier League’s longest winning streaks
- Here are the brand new kits for all 20 English Premier League clubs
- Wenger desperate for lifeline in Premier League finale
Premier League: Manchester City Back On Top, Tottenham Hotspur Party In Style have 339 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at April 4, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.