ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) State officials say several agencies will be conducting sweeps of bars, restaurants, liquor stores and grocery stores across New York during a month-long crackdown on fake identifications and businesses that sell alcohol to minors.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Tuesday that the State Liquor Authority and Department of Motor Vehicles will join local police agencies for the enforcement effort this month. The Democrat says the state will hold those who enable underage drinking accountable.
The month-long crackdown is in addition to underage drinking enforcement efforts conducted throughout the year by the SLA and DMV.
In January, state officials announced that the DMV charged nearly 900 individuals with possessing fake IDs in 2018, while the SLA issued more than 1,000 penalties to licensed retailers for underage sales.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
4/3/2019 4:45:57 AM (GMT -4:00)
- Coronavirus live updates: WHO official says COVID-19 could be a virus that ‘stalks the human race for quite a long time’
- Coronavirus live updates: WHO official says this could be a virus that ‘stalks the human race for quite a long time’
- Coronavirus live updates: New York Gov. Cuomo says the state’s curve is flattening
- Coronavirus live updates: States plan to reopen West Coast incrementally
- NY Times faces blowback for removal of controversial passage on Biden sexual assault allegation
- Coronavirus live updates: Curry lauds sacrifice, selflessness of NY-bound UCSF health workers
- A third of Brits think the police have gone too far with their lockdown crackdown
- Easter crackdown: All the activities that could get you fined thousands of dollars this weekend - and it's bad if you want to drive your car
- The Easter corona crackdown: Police come down hard on social distancing dodgers by issuing more than $1MILLION in fines for breaking the rules
- This is where all 50 states stand on reopening
- Even as toll grows, NY hospitals hope fever is breaking
- Coronavirus live updates: Newsom says California amassing masks, may share with other states
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Tennis ace Greg Rusedski stretches his skills to launch a yoga and wellness retreat
- German minister urges long-term military presence in Iraq
- Lauren Goodger downs a glass of Prosecco on Instagram... despite vowing to quit drinking alcohol
- Winery Launches Dog Delivery Service
- Coronavirus live updates: 7,000 deaths in New York state
- Coronavirus prompts some states to close liquor stores, while others allow cocktail deliveries
- Coronavirus live updates: State agents seize respirators, surgical masks in Alameda County raids
- Kia Motors India Donate Rs 2 Crore To State’s Relief Fund: Also Provides Free Services Till July
NY state launches month-long crackdown on underage drinking have 411 words, post on www.wcax.com at April 3, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.