I’m new to building games on canvas, and I’m trying to create one. But I encountered a problem with sprite movements. My sprites move is smooth, but sometimes it starts to “jump”. FPS is stable 60 frames pre seconds. Here is minimal implementation to play with: https://codepen.io/antonmedv/pen/ROjqXw Movements looks smooth, but some times really junky. Here is things I’m using: clearRect, requestAnimationFrame, time delta with performance.now, constant time steps for physics simulation. I tried to profile it, but everything is smooth in report (60 fps, each frame has little js, low cpu). Also tried using round x,y for drawImage, still junk movements. If turn off all physics and set const acceleration = vector(-1, 0) sprite movements again jumps time to time. How to make movements smooth? Thanks.
- Let's Make the World Wide Web a National Monument
- Amazon acquires robotic delivery startup Canvas Technology
- Australian tech unicorn Canva suffers security breach
- Call junk science by its rightful name: Fake news
- Google’s Chrome Canvas is a handy browser app for quick doodles
- Doodle and paint directly in your browser with the new Chrome Canvas app
- Queens Museum of Art's gift shop spotlights borough artists, including wire, crochet, canvas crafts
- Body of work: Artist Emma Hack uses naked people as her canvas
- JUNK-FOOD SUIT A KICK IN 'PANTS'
Junk movement with steady 60fps on Web canvas have 246 words, post on gamedev.stackexchange.com at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.