Recently encountered this path finding problem while doing a RPG game. I am using Godot engine and pathing with A* and small cells. I also searched some other algorithm or technique like flowfield or navmesh, but seems A* with small cells is a easier approach. In order avoid obstacle like teammates or enemy while going for specific target in a fight or else, I update A* point weight like every 0.5 seconds where a unit is standing or not, using raycast to detect obstacle and re-path, and still having problem below: narrow pass. if two units standing close and there is a narrow pass between, the A* would return the path going through the narrow place which is unpassable due to the collision. path finding with volume. that would allow different size agent to navigate. but this may require changing the A* code. If can path finding with volume the first problem could be solved. the workaround to 1st problem I am thinking could be detect those narrow pass at runtime and update the weight. don’t know if that is a good practice. world Vector3 position to grid, sometimes if two unit’s position is convert to same grid the path… Read full this story
- UK's TPP launches high-tech AI initiative to improve global healthcare
- Can Google AI beat radiologists in breast cancer detection? Researchers think it can
- Study finds Google system could improve breast cancer detection
- CORRECTED-Study finds Google system could improve breast cancer detection
- Google's AI system can beat doctors at detecting breast cancer
- Google's AI can reportedly detect breast cancer more accurately than medical professionals
- AI can spot an irregular heartbeat from just a 10-second scan by looking for tiny signals that may be 'invisible to the human eye'
- AI detects breast cancer more accurately than doctors, new study claims
- India doubles AI workforce in 2019, yet large vacancies remain: Report
- AI use set to grow in govt offices nationwide
How to improve my RPG/RTS pathfinding AI? have 325 words, post on gamedev.stackexchange.com at April 14, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.