It promises to be the hearing of the decade. Sometime after special counsel Robert Mueller privately submits his final report on 2016 Russian election interference to the Justice Department, House Democrats plan to summon him to Capitol Hill to testify on his findings before the television cameras.Story Continued Below Expectations will be sky high that the Sphinx-like Russia investigator might reveal incriminating — possibly even impeachable — new evidence about President Donald Trump. Those expectations would be wrong. Instead, the by-the-books former FBI director is unlikely to stray from the findings detailed in the public version of a report the special counsel must submit to Attorney General William Barr, according to interviews with more than a dozen current and former DOJ officials, legal experts and lawmakers from both parties. It’s a result that could frustrate Democrats, who are concerned Barr won’t release all the information they want about the Russia investigation. And if Mueller has concluded that Trump and his campaign are in the clear, the testimony could even backfire on them, fueling the Republican attack line that Democrats are obsessed with trying to throw Trump out of office with spectacle hearings that produce few revelations. Some GOP lawmakers even… Read full this story
- Watch Robert Mueller's Testimony Live Right Here
- Flake Vows to Oppose Judges Unless Mueller Bill Gets a Vote
- Rudy Guiliani says Robert Mueller must be investigated after allowing Spygate evidence to be destroyed
- Manafort's PDF conversion confusion becomes evidence in Mueller probe
- Man Arrested in Killing of Gambino Mob Boss Expected in NJ Court as Investigation Takes Twist
- FBI spy powers face new Capitol Hill scrutiny
- Democrats getting antsy on impeachment as Mueller probe drags on
- Barr takes shots at Mueller and his 'snitty' letter
- Dems grapple with Mueller's findings; GOP exclaims 'move on'
- Barr to Testify Before Senate as Mueller Report Looms
What to expect if Mueller gets hauled to the Hill have 298 words, post on www.politico.com at March 12, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.