BREAKING OVERNIGHT … REUTERS’ JAMES MACKENZIE in Islamabad and ROD NICKEL in Kabul: “Two U.S. service members killed in Afghanistan”: “[T]he NATO-led Resolute Support mission … gave no further details and withheld the names of the service members until next of kin were informed.” ReutersWHY MUELLER IS ONLY THE BEGINNING … IF YOU TALK TO CAPITOL HILL DEMOCRATS PRIVATELY, you will hear something surprising about what they expect from ROBERT MUELLER: Many of them expect absolutely nothing. Several top Democratic lawmakers and aides tell us privately that they are certain the report will be a dud.IF THAT’S THE CASE, the White House will immediately make the argument that it’s time for Congress to shutter its investigations into the president. But Democratic probes into PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP are going to drag on regardless of the Mueller report. The committees are looking into things that have nothing to do with Russian interference — the president’s company, security clearances, handling of classified information, decision-making in the White House and Cabinet scandals, for example.FRANKLY, DEMOCRATS believe even if Mueller releases a report with nothing spectacular, that’s only the beginning for the Hill.– CASE IN POINT: “Some Democrats want more than just Trump’s personal tax… Read full this story
- Robert Mueller and Donald Trump Jr. in Near Collision at D.C. Airport
- The End is Near (of the Mueller Investigation). Or Not.
- No One Needs to Know This Much About Politico Reporters
- Anti-Trump Republicans Run Excessively Lame Ad Begging Him Not to Fire Mueller
- House Intel Committee Says Trump Campaign Didn't Collude With Russian Government, Ends Investigation
- Democrats push ahead with hearings on Mueller’s Russia probe
- White House Counsel Don McGahn Is a Cooperating Witness in Mueller’s Trump-Russia Probe, Report Says
- Florida’s recounts begin: Unlike 2000, we all have the same playbook’
- The Secret Playbook NY State Senate Democrats Used To 'Wipe The Floor' With Republicans
- 2014 SEO Playbook: Off-Page Factors
POLITICO Playbook: Why Mueller’s end is only the beginning have 316 words, post on www.politico.com at March 22, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.