In conjunction with today’s Nindies Showcase Spring 2019 livestream, which saw the announcement of Cadence of Hyrule, RAD, Stranger Things 3, and more, a new indie game sale for Nintendo Switch was also launched. Nintendo will be offering a discount between 20-50% for over 20 different popular and newly released indie games. The sale is live now on the Nintendo Switch eShop and will last through March 27.
The Nintendo Switch indie game sale is filled with some of the best indie games to be released on the platform in recent memory. Highlights include Minit, the action-adventure game served in 60-second chunks, Donut County, gentrification as viewed through an ever-growing hole-shaped abyss, and the ever-popular Darkest Dungeon, hot off the recent announcement of Darkest Dungeon 2.
Every single game included in the Nintendo Switch sale will cost less than $20 with the discount, and almost half of the games on sale will cost less than $10. Indie games don’t typically cost more than $20 in the first place, but saving that extra dollar adds up, which could mean buying an extra game overall.
This may be the last big indie event for Nintendo Switch, sale or otherwise, until June’s E3 convention approaches. Nintendo Switch owners would be remiss not to check it out and see if a game they were considering is now discounted.
21 total games are now on sale as part of the Nintendo Switch eShop indie game sale. The full list includes award winners like Inside, Night in the Woods, and Salt and Sanctuary.
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon – $6.99
- Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King – $9.99
- Darkest Dungeon – $17.49
- Donut County – $9.74
- Firewatch – $15.99
- Flat Heroes – $6.69
- Flinthook – $10.49
- Horizon Chase Turbo – $13.99
- Iconoclasts – $14.99
- Inside – $13.99
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes – $8.99
- Minit – $5.99
- Moonlighter – $16.74
- Night in the Woods – $13.99
- Old Man’s Journey – $4.99
- Salt and Sanctuary – $12.59
- Thimbleweed Park – $9.99
- Unruly Heroes – $13.99
- Wandersong – $14.99
- Wizard of Legend – $11.19
- Yoku’s Island Express – $9.99
The Nintendo Switch platform continues to perform well with regards to indie game sales. 2018 Game of the Year contender Celeste, for example, was confirmed to have sold the most copies on Nintendo Switch rather than on PC. Team Meat confirmed that Super Meat Boy‘s 2018 launch sales on Switch almost matched its initial sales on Xbox 360 back in 2010.
While Nintendo Switch first-party titles may look to be thin through the first half of 2019, it looks as if indie games on the platform will continue to flourish.
- Nintendo Switch eShop Blockbuster sale gets underway
- A Trio of Great Indie Games Confirmed For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch Online Adds Rewind Feature
- ‘Ninja Gaiden,’ Other NES Classics Confirmed For Nintendo Switch Online This Month
- Nintendo Switch Online Reveals Two New NES Games Coming This Month
- Don’t call it pink: Nintendo Switch Lite gets coral color
- New Amazon Sale Features Big Deals on Last Year PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One Games
- Nintendo Switch Online Adds 4 New Free SNES and NES Games
- Nintendo Adds New Nintendo Switch Lite Color to Lineup
- 'South Park: The Stick of Truth' Is Only $15 on Nintendo Switch