A teenager with a rare skin disease known as the ‘butterfly disease’ has appeared in a now-viral VRChat video, explaining what life is like living with the condition. The fledgling Twitch streamer, who goes by ‘ThatGeekAaron‘ on the streaming site, has now received an outpouring of support from its community after sharing his story. ThatGeekAaron appeared in a YouTube video uploaded by Symor, a popular creator known for posting interviews with other VRChat players. Aaron, using a Piglett avatar in the virtual reality game, opened up to Symor about dealing with epidermolysis bullosa, an incredibly painful autoimmune disease that causes the skin to be extremely fragile. Aaron explained the trials and tribulations of the disease, which includes having to be routinely bandaged and the extreme pain he faces when carrying out everyday tasks such as showering. “The water really hurts my body because of all the wounds,” Aaron said. Aaron also discussed the social ramifications he has faced as a result of epidermolysis bullosa. “The thing that sucks about this disease is that whenever I go out in public — which usually I don’t, but when I do for like special occasions — people always stare at me, which is a very sad thing for me. Because I… Read full this story
- Reviewing first year of National Policy for Treatment of Rare Diseases
- Family tells heartbreaking story of mysterious cemetery girl in Turkey’s Çorum
- Gloria Hunniford shares experience of dementia as she supports new initiative
- Making memories when life is short: York Co. family with 2 boys battles rare disease
- Susie Dent shared a story of a mangled idiom and the replies are hilarious
- Singer's husband, daughter have an extremely rare disease. She has gratitude.
- Heartbreak as dad dies within weeks of being diagnosed with rare disease
- Tanzania: Rare Disease Hits Zanzibar Isles
- $10K glasses? A small price to help blind twin brothers with rare disease see again
- Couple share heartbreak after stillbirth as they raise money for headstone
VRChat player with rare disease shares heartbreaking story, gains huge Twitch support have 333 words, post on www.gamerevolution.com at February 11, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.