The Vegas Golden Knights paid a pretty steep price to get highly sought-after Ottawa Senators winger Mark Stone at the final bell of the trade deadline on Monday, giving up their number-one prospect in defenseman Erik Brannstrom (along with the expiring contract of Oscar Lindberg and a second-round draft pick). But the news that broke just after the trade justified the cost a little more—Stone will be no mere rental for Vegas, but an extremely well-paid long-term player for several years to come. That’s a lot of money to keep paying a guy until he’s 35, and given that the next CBA will most likely get signed in 2020, an amnesty buyout when he’s toward the end of the deal doesn’t seem like it’ll be an option. But Stone is worth it, especially if he keeps improving throughout his prime. One of the lone bright spots in an otherwise very dark Ottawa season, the five-year vet has already topped his previous season high for goals (28), and with 62 points, he’s just two away from beating his career high in that category as well. On a team with a total goal differential of -41, Stone has a +13, and along… Read full this story
- NHL playoffs: Vegas Golden Knights coach calls Sharks coach a 'clown'
- Trade mark attorney firm Murgitroyd inks acquisition
- The Bachelor’s Alex Marks and Alicia Oates reveal plans for a bumper wedding weekend
- Marks & Spencer confirms joint venture talks with Ocado
- Michelle Keegan cuddles ‘best friend’ sausage dog Phoebe who sleeps with her and Mark Wright
- Marks and Spencer 2019 opening times – bank holiday Monday supermarket opening hours
- How old is Johnny Vegas, how has he lost weight, who is his estranged wife and what TV shows has he been on?
- Historic trade voyage to return as French beers sail into city
- Who Wants to Save the Las Vegas Wedding?
- Massereene murders: 'Too painful to attend memorial for Mark, but I'm glad his memory being kept alive,' says sister of slain soldier
Vegas Golden Knights Trade For Mark Stone, Will Keep Him Around Forever have 344 words, post on deadspin.com at February 25, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.