Sony’s decision to forgo E3 2019 caused waves, and the statement regarding its rationale revolved mostly around finding “inventive opportunities to engage the community” and plans to “think differently and experiment.” SIE Worldwide Studios head Shawn Layden has now explained further–touching not only on what they plan to do differently in the future, but why E3 was no longer as useful.Layden told CNet that the nature of E3 had been built up around standards that no longer apply, both for retailers and journalists. At its inception, the show had been a place for retailers to plan their stock, and for journalists to plan cover stories for magazines. In the modern era, he says, both of those have shifted.”Now we have an event in February called Destination PlayStation, where we bring all retailers and third-party partners to come hear the story for the year,” he said. “They’re making purchasing discussions in February. June, now, is just too late to have a Christmas holiday discussion with retailers. So retail has really dropped off. And journalists now, with the internet and the fact that 24/7 there is game news, it’s lost its impact around that.”So the trade show became a trade show without… Read full this story
- Glentoran's new boss must make changes and players need to prove their worth: McFall
- Reds boss Morais defends changes in Forest loss
- DAP explains logo change to hardcore supporters
- Encryption, Lycra, Organ Transplant Technology and Other World-Changing Inventions Inducted Into Hall of Fame
- PS Plus May 2018 line-up – when do the free PlayStation Plus PS4 games become available to download?
- 1 in 3 bosses 'look down' on staff leaving work on time
- Islands Adrift: Trump politics hinder USVI climate change prep
- When is the end of the world according to conspiracy theories? Rapture, Planet X and other doomsday prophecies explained
- How pension changes ignited fiery protests in Nicaragua
- Former FBI chief says Trump’s leadership style ‘strikingly similar’ to mob boss
PlayStation Boss Explains How "The World Changed" And E3 Didn't have 331 words, post on www.gamespot.com at February 11, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.