An industry analyst known for making accurate predictions has spoken about the potential release dates of the new PS5 and Xbox consoles. Apparently, the new consoles are expected to be revealed in E3 2020 and released in the following year. Here’s what we know about the predictions and the consoles so far.
According to GamingBolt, IDC analyst Lewis Ward said that there would be “modest hardware refreshes” for PS4 and Xbox One in 2019 that’ll be followed with “a slate of AAA exclusives.” With “Red Dead Redemption 2’s” release in 2018, “Kingdom Hearts 3” and other blockbuster AAA releases throughout in this console generation, Sony and Microsoft definitely have to have something bigger prepared than these games before this generation ends.
Additionally, Ward also noted that Sony and Microsoft will still stick with the traditional console design rather than follow the success of Nintendo’s shift into their “handheld console” hybrid design, Nintendo Switch. Back in the PS3-Xbox 360-Wii generation, both Sony and Microsoft released their own motion control peripherals to compete, but only managed a little success with their version. Currently, both Sony and Microsoft still have a strong console presence even without fancy peripherals which they can still carry over to the next generation of consoles.
As of now, Sony PS4’s lineup is still going strong. Even after “Kingdom Heart 3’s” release, fans can still wait for big exclusive games like “Last of Us 2” and “Final Fantasy 7 Remake.”
Speaking of Square Enix remaking their most famous “Final Fantasy” entry yet, the length of its development has led to some fans worrying that it might be released as a next gen PS5 title instead if it takes too long. Meanwhile, Xbox One doesn’t seem too keen on having exclusives, but it has offered better graphics and backwards compatibility, which makes it hard to count them out of the competition.
Sony and Microsoft have yet to release any details or hints of development for the next generation consoles. However, many rumors have started calling the next gen consoles “PS5“ from Sony and “Xbox Scarlett.” Their specs and opening line-up of games are not even known. For now, we can only wait for the Sony’s and Microsoft’s possible announcements regarding the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett.
This article was first published in IBTimes US. Permission required for reproduction.
- Xbox next-generation consoles to launch in 2020, codenames revealed as 'Anaconda' and 'Lockhart'
- Xbox One X News: Shock Microsoft and PS4 updates for Apex Legends, Anthem, The Division 2
- Playstation's leadership reshuffle could help boost the PS5
- Apple ‘definitely going to be LATE for 5G’ with 2020 iPhone, rival warns at CES 2019 tech show
- PS5 Release Date, Price latest: Good News and bad for PlayStation fans
- GTA 6 release date news: Rockstar Games reveals good news for Grand Theft Auto fans
- Gears of War 5 – release date rumours, trailers and all the latest announcements
- When is Halo Infinite’s release date and 3 exciting things we know so far
- Rage 2 hands-on preview: Combat shines ahead of release date
- Nintendo Switch 2 – release date rumours and all the latest news on Nintendo’s next console
- Xbox Games With Gold January 2019 – Xbox One and 360 titles for download this month
- Xbox Game Pass slashed to a £1 ahead of Christmas
- Apex Legends: New free battle royale reaches one million players in eight hours... is it the future of game releases?
- Apex Legends: Fortnite rival reaches one million players in eight hours... is it the future of game releases?
- Why bewildering Anthem release date schedule risks undermining the game
- Anthem release date, demo, new gameplay trailer and everything you need to know
- When is Planet Earth 3’s release date? Everything to know about the BBC documentary
- UK launches app for EU citizens to stay after Brexit
- Nine new ferries set to launch
- Elizabeth Warren takes big step towards 2020 presidential run
PS5, Xbox could be launched at E3 2020, released in 2021 have 622 words, post on www.ibtimes.sg at January 13, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.