Pokemon Go‘s big Hoenn celebration event has come to an end, and a new Legendary Pokemon has made its debut in the popular mobile game. Palkia, the cover monster from Pokemon Pearl, has begun appearing in Raid Battles around the world, where you’ll be able to find it through the end of February.
As usual, in order to catch Palkia, you’ll first need to team up with other players in-person, then visit a Gym that’s hosting a Palkia Raid and battle it. If your party manages to defeat the Legendary Pokemon, you’ll be rewarded with a handful of Premiere Balls and an opportunity to capture it.
Although it may not look it, Palkia is a dual Water- and Dragon-type, which means it only takes neutral damage from Ice attacks, one of a Dragon Pokemon’s biggest weaknesses. Your best bet is to battle it using other Dragon-types, such as Dragonite and Rayquaza–although The Pokemon Company warns that Palkia will always know a Dragon-type Fast Attack of its own. You can read more details on the official Pokemon website.
Palkia will appear as a Raid Boss until February 28, giving you about a month to capture it. It is also the fourth Gen 4 Legendary Pokemon to appear in Pokemon Go thus far, following Giratina, Cresselia, and Heatran.
Niantic hasn’t announced when other Gen 4 Legendaries will debut in Pokemon Go, but the developer had previously teased the Lake trio–Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit–in a promotional image for the game’s recent winter event, suggesting they may also be on the way soon.
In addition to Palkia’s arrival, Pokemon Go players have the game’s next Community Day to look forward to soon. The event takes place on Saturday, February 16, and will feature another Gen 2 Pokemon: the Ice/Ground-type Swinub.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]
- Pokemon's New Anime Drops Groundbreaking First Trailer
- Here's What We Know About Pokemon's New Hero, Gou
- Add New, Custom Functionality to Your Computer This Weekend
- US says it will not add new tariffs on Chinese exports
- Ni no Kuni 2 free DLC adds new bosses and quests, due August 9
- Feature: Egyptian Chinese University adds new aspect to growing Egypt-China cooperation
- The Sea of Thieves Halloween update adds new skeletons and the Fort of the Damned
- Free Pillars of Eternity 2 DLC adds new crew members and ship upgrades
- Amazon adds new wake-up lighting and sleep timer features for Alexa-powered smart lights
- Microsoft renames Beam to Mixer, adds new game streaming features