A man has been charged with flying a drone near Heathrow Airport on Christmas Eve.
George Rusu, 38, allegedly used a drone on a field near one of the two runways at Britain’s busiest airport on 24 December.
The alleged incident happened just three days after Gatwick fully reopened following three days of flight cancellations and delays, affecting about 140,000 passengers, caused by drone sightings.
Rusu, of Blunts Avenue, Hillingdon, will appear at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.
He is charged with flying a “small unmanned aircraft without permission of air traffic control”, according to court documents.
The drone did not cause disruption to Heathrow, unlike another drone sighting on 8 January which shut down one runway for just over an hour.
- Third man charged in Newport incident
- Man charged with indecent exposure to two women in Lisburn area
- Man charged over Rotherham stabbing
- Third man charged following alleged hit-and-run in Newport
- Bridgeport man charged in highway shooting faces judge
- Bridgeville man charged with two Milford shots fired incidents
- North Carolina man charged with stalking in Delaware, police say
- Man charged in April shooting of Fort Bend sheriff's deputies outside Houston nightclub
- Man charged after exchanging gunfire with Fort Bend sheriff's deputies outside Houston nightclub
- Man charged with murder in connection with Shreveport woman's death
- Man charged over ‘chainsaw attack’ at Dundee golf course
- Man charged with attempted murder following Buena shooting
- Man charged in Beachwood Place Mall shooting
- Man charged in Great America attack is a fugitive again for second time in less than a month
- 2 face new charges in Milan incident
- Cayman Islands: Update – Third man charged in relation to robbery on 24 December in East End
- Man charged with exposing himself to children in Antrim playpark
- Springfield man charged in early morning shooting death
- Second man charged in murder of Jersey City teen
- Man charged in 2016 crash that killed infant, injured three others in Barrington Hills
Man charged over Heathrow drone incident have 297 words, post on news.sky.com at January 20, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.