The Delhi Police has filed a 12,000-page charge sheet against former Jawaharlal Nehru University Students Union (JNUSU) president Kanhaiya Kumar and others in a sedition case that was lodged in 2016.Delhi Police claimed they have evidence to proceed against 10 former students of JNU, including Kanhaiya Kumar, Umar Khalid, Anirban Bhattacharya and seven students from Jammu and Kashmir – Aquib Hussain, Mujeeb Hussain, Muneeb Hussain, Umar Gul, Rayeea Rassol, Bashir Bhat and Basharat.To charges of sedition being framed against him, Kanhaiya Kumar told CNN News 18, “I thank Prime Minister Narendra Modi and congratulate this government for filing the charge sheet after three years.”Close “Framing sedition charges against me is not fair. Basic facts are hidden in the case and everything is politically motivated. Parties are getting desperate ahead of polls,” he added. related news JNU students lathi charged by cops during march to Rashtrapati Bhavan ‘Make education affordable to all’: Hundreds protest in Delhi against fee hike Patidar leader Hardik Patel extends support to JNU students’ protest The 10 students have been accused of organizing an event on the college campus against the hanging of 2001 Parliament attack mastermind Afzal Guru on February 9, 2016.The police have said there… Read full this story
- What Millions of Years Look Like in One Photo (Well, Not Exactly)
- Lexus might finally debut a three-row RX crossover this year
- Builder who filmed himself trashing five homes worth £4million in pay row jailed for four years
- A 15-year look at how energy changed in the US, state by state
- BT looks to Far East for developer talent
- Steve Carell met Kelly Clarkson 13 years after '40-Year-Old Virgin' and his reaction is perfect
- Dilip Kumar's case against builder: probe expedited, cops say
- What is anti-Semitism, what has Labour’s Jeremy Corbyn said and what happened at the crunch NEC talks?
- Officers tasked with tracing Rajeev Kumar sent back to base
- Builder booked for trying to grab Dilip Kumar's bungalow released, Banu requests meeting with PM
JNU sedition row: Kanhaiya Kumar chargesheeted after 3 years — a look at what has happened so far have 331 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at January 14, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.