A GIANT porker has been squealing the spotlight in China after busting the scales at 148 STONE!
But a hambulance nearly had to be called for the brave 24 men needed to cart the hefty porker crowned “Pig King” at a village weigh-in ahead of Chinese New Year celebrations.
In Meishan city, Renshou County, the hog has survived – indeed thrived – for an impressive nine years, reports The Cover.
It said that “many villagers rushed” to watch the weigh-in, where pig breeders brought their largest animals to determine which swine was the local pig king.
And this year’s winner ahead of the Chinese New Year celebrations on February 5 was a hog which weighs the equivalent of 12 fully grown men, bred at Chengdu Yuanbaofeng Agricultural Development Group.
The firm’s boss, Yang Mao, said the pig was the result of “experimental” breeding and that he would be kept alive to determine his lifespan, and “how much bigger he can grow”.
Taking the title of largest hog in Renshou has apparently involved a fair amount of pigging out on corn, soybean meal and wheat bran – as the swine is reportedly very “particular” about what he feeds on.
For nutritional “balance” the hog also receives a microbial supplement protein, amino acids and other nutrients.
Yang Mao said: “It is rare to see such a healthy pig in the country.”
He added that the porker would be allowed to live out the rest of his life in comfort, as he would not be slaughtered despite his “economic value”.
When he does eventually die, his carcass would be handed over to the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences for research.
His proud breeder, Liu Shifu, said the pig king’s temperament fitted his royal title, as he is “arrogant”.
Brits feared dead as tourist bus crash kills seven in Cuba
HUGE AMAZON PACKAGE
Bezos sent X-rated photos of his ‘big’ willy to lover Lauren Sanchez
TO KELL AND BACK
Who’s R Kelly’s daughter Joann Kelly and what has she said about her dad?
Who killed JonBenet Ramsey?And when is the new Netflix documentary released?
CONTINENT ON ICE
Death toll from Europe snow chaos hits 17 as temperatures plummet to -23C
LIKE A FURNACE
Australia has third hottest year EVER as desperate animals fight to survive
Du Liang, director of Renshou’s Animal Husbandry Science and Education Station, said that the county was one of the top 100 pig-rearing counties in China, and that the 148-stone hog was “very rare”.
And he had a message for those keen to turn the porker into chops: “You can try Renshou’s other pigs, and the taste is just as good.”
- The History of New Years Resolutions
- Annual Forecasts & Fengshui Remedies for 2006 : Year of Yang Red Fire Dog - for Pig Sign
- Annual Forecast & Feng Shui Remedies for 2007 : Yin Red Fire Pig Year - Tiger Sign (Chinese Zodiac)
- Annual Forecast & Feng Shui Remedies for 2007 : Yin Red Fire Pig Year - Rooster Sign (Chinese Zodiac
- King Of Kings - It's Not What You Think It Means
- After Eve [Part #12: Long-nec: Plesiosaurus]
- China Part I
- Tales from the Green Valley - the Making of the BBC TV Series about Farming in the 17th Century
- Enter the Serpent - Notes on the Ascendency of China
- Malls Flooded With Foreign Apparels
- Early Auckland History
- Philosophical Thoughts from a Road Warrior; Part II
- Presenting: Ottawa - Canada's Capital and An Exciting Travel Destination
- The Road to 9-11 and The Road Back
- Fanning the Flames of the Diabetes Epidemic
- A Time for Rebellion!
- Roman Catholicism: Why I had to leave PART 2
- Building a Monument to the Moment
- The Churn
Giant 148 STONE pig that weighs as much as 12 fully grown men declared ‘king of the hogs’ ahead of Chinese New Year celebrations have 596 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.