Yeah, yeah, so Bruce Willis said at the end of his Comedy Central roast that “Die Hard” isn’t a Christmas movie. But we know he was joking, right? Come on, the fact that there’s any debate about whether the 1988 classic is a holiday chestnut is ridiculous, when you consider all the Christmas-y elements “Die Hard” has going for it.
Don’t take our word for it. Reginald VelJohnson, who memorably played Sgt. Al Powell, the Los Angeles cop who was a sympathetic ear to the beleaguered John McClane as shoeless John battled Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman) and his henchmen inside Nakatomi Plaza, also insists that “Die Hard” is a Christmas movie.
In a video promoting a 2018 Christmas marathon on IFC, VelJohnson offers proof that “Die Hard” is a Christmas movie. Take a look:
Convincing, right? After all, as VelJohnson says, he was there. And are you going to argue with a nice, gray-haired man wearing a cardigan, who’s next to a Christmas tree?
Of course not. Tune in to see the proof for yourself. VelJohnson hosts the 30th Anniversary “Die Hard” Christmas Special on Tuesday, Dec. 25. For us PT time zone folks, “Die Hard” airs at noon, 3 p.m., 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Comcast Channel 503. There are also screenings of “Live Free or Die Hard” and “Die Hard With a Vengeance,” but who cares about them?
Not sure what channel IFC is on your system? Check the IFC website.
Welcome to the party, pal (s)! And Merry Christmas!
— Kristi Turnquist
Visit subscription.oregonlive.com/newsletters to get Oregonian/OregonLive journalism delivered to your email inbox.
- X-Factor expert? Only die-hard fans (and Louis Walsh) will get full marks in our tricky quiz
- Burt Reynolds dies age 82: Tributes pour in for Hollywood 'legend' and 'trailblazer'
- Demi Moore posts candid photo booth pic with ex-husband Bruce Willis, proving ex is best
- 'Deliverance,' 'Boogie Nights' star Burt Reynolds dies
- AFP: 'Deliverance,' 'Boogie Nights' star Burt Reynolds dies
- Michael Jackson's former lawyer reveals star's demons
- TV stars and Rams legends will play in Pride Park charity game
- WWI hero bull terrier Sgt Stubby who saluted soldiers, warned of attack and caught German spies set to be star of animated film
- New James Bond film delayed as Daniel Craig double-books to star in another film that starts production in November
- Latest Russia Sanctions Prove Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures
- The Irish Bucket List: 30 things to do in Ireland before you die
- Danny Boyle and Richard Curtis's Beatles movie sounds more bizarre then we ever imagined
- How old is Chris Evans, when is he returning to Virgin Radio and is the Radio 2 host’s wife Natasha Shishmanian pregnant?
- Grand Designs couple face budget woes and tragedy as they try to replicate the glass and steel house from cult Eighties movie
- Rip Taylor, Flamboyant Television Comedian and Actor, Dies at 84
- 'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin dies, aged 76
- X Factor star Chico was convinced he was going to die after suffering a stroke that should have killed him ‘instantly’
- BBC presenter Rachael Bland dies at 40
- Neymar learns the hard way to dismiss Liverpool at your peril
- Strictly star Ashley Roberts opens up about losing her father when he took his own life
One of the stars insists ‘Die Hard’ is a Christmas movie, and hosts a marathon to prove it have 533 words, post on www.oregonlive.com at December 23, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.