The creator of a popular combat video game reportedly received a bomb threat Thursday, part of what appears to be a string of blackmail attempts.
The offices of Los Angeles-based Infinity Ward, developer of the popular Call of Duty franchise, were evacuated following the threat, according to Kotaku. Police reportedly were called to the scene and the office was cleared without problem.
Activision, the parent company of Infinity Ward, didn’t immediately respond to a report for comment.
The reported bomb threat comes after a series of similar threats emailed to different organizations, companies and institutions across the country, according to CBS News. The bomb threats reportedly demanded payment in bitcoin. Law enforcement authorities reportedly said the threats weren’t “credible.”
On Tuesday, Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park, California were evacuated following an anonymous bomb threat. No suspicious packages or devices were found.
- Moscow faces 300 bomb threats, up to 50,000 evacuated
- Germany LOCKDOWN: Huge police operation launched across city centres over bomb threats
- Bomb threat that prompted evacuation of Waukegan middle school unfounded
- Town halls across Germany evacuated after threats
- Chilean officials: Flights hit by wave of false bomb threats
- Chile: Man angry over suitcase behind wave of bomb threats
- Town halls across Germany evacuated after bomb threats sent overnight
- Plane evacuated after bomb threat at Northern Lights destination in Norway
- Police: Reported bomb threat cleared at Western Sky Middle School
- Bronzeville high school reopened after bomb threat, evacuation
- R. Kelly's Friend Who Paid His Bail Receives Bomb Threat at Daycare
- Bomb threats: When crying wolf always works
- Sandy Hook Elementary School evacuated after bomb threat on 6th anniversary of shooting
- Bomb threats across Coachella Valley 'unsubstantiated,' similar reports come in nationwide
- Franklin High School evacuated following bomb threat
- No explosives reported in Middle Tennessee after bomb threats demanding ransom flooded U.S. cities
- Frank Murphy Hall not being evacuated after reported bomb threat
- Bomb threats and bank robbers: How school districts protect students
- Union County bomb threats reported at multiple locations
- Western Sky Middle School in Goodyear evacuated after reported bomb threat
Call of Duty creator reportedly evacuated after bomb threat have 325 words, post on www.cnet.com at December 13, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.