Insomniac Games has seen much success with its release of Marvel’s Spider-Man. Despite being a console exclusive, this hasn’t caused sales for the PS4 title to be hampered, with the new game becoming the fastest-selling Marvel video game ever shortly after it launched back in September. To expand on the story, Insomniac is planning to roll out three DLC expansions throughout the end of 2018, and the second chapter for The City That Never Sleeps storyline will be releasing in a couple of weeks.
As seen from a screenshot posted on Reddit, a start menu update in Spider-Man confirms the second DLC expansion, titled Turf Wars, will be launching November 20th. The news also confirms the introduction of a new villain, Hammerhead, who was briefly mentioned during the first DLC that released last month, The Heist. The cutout from the screenshot reads, “Butt heads with Hammerhead in the new DLC “The City That Never Sleeps: Turf Wars.”
When prompted to head over to the PS Store, there’s currently no additional information for the second chapter’s story synopsis or the new digital content that will be added in Turf Wars. The Heist DLC saw the addition of three new Spider-Man suits users could unlock by playing through the story and completing all of the new challenges, so there’s a chance the second DLC will take the same approach.
Insomniac has made it clear all three chapters for Spider-Man‘s DLC will be releasing in October, November, and December, respectively. There’s a good chance all of the extra content for the extended storyline is already complete, and the studio is focused on fine tuning some of the smaller parts of the game before wrapping up at the end of the year.
These aren’t the only updates Spider-Man has received. For instance, there have been new additions to the game’s Photo Mode, with one update having taken a shot at the “Puddle-gate” controversy by adding puddle stickers into the options menu for fans of the feature. So, all things told, it will be interesting to see how fans respond to Turf Wars upon release.
Marvel’s Spider-Man is available now exclusively for PlayStation 4.
- New trailer for "Spider-Man: Far from Home" debuts Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio
- Sony, Marvel Strike Deal For New 'Spider-Man' Film
- What are Portuguese man o’ war, are they jellyfish, how dangerous is their sting and where are they found?
- Miles Morales proves a diverse Spider-Man is possible. But Marvel's not convinced
- Massive plague of Portuguese Man O’Wars cause chaos in the Med – as tourists are banned from Costa Blanca beaches
- Marvel’s Free Comic Book Day Titles Tease Big Drama for Iron Man and Spider-Man
- Spider-Man co-creator, Steve Ditko, dies at 90
- Blogger: Law firm homepages are losing significance | Will SCOTUS ruling affect Spider-Man rights?
- Patent royalty superpowers have expired for inventor of Spider-Man toy, Supreme Court rules