Microsoft is ramping up anticipation for the return of X018 this weekend.
X018, the first iteration of Xbox’s traditionally business-focused event in years, kicks off this Saturday. This year’s version will be much more fan-focused, not least because it’ll be held at FanFest Mexico City.
Microsoft promised big first and third-party reveals, and it looks like we now have an idea about a couple of those. In a tweet, the platform holder teased big PUBG news, an update on State of Decay 2, and a look at Shadow of the Tomb Raider’s upcoming DLC The Forge.
PUBG’s Xbox One build is more or less close to the PC build than it has ever been, as far as content. What’s likely – hopefully – getting announced at X018 is the game’s mysterious winter/snow map.
The map was first teased during Xbox’s E3 2018 presser. At the time, developer PUBG Corp. announced a winter 2018 release window, so it would make a lot of sense for it to be revealed at the event. If that’s indeed the plan, a release shouldn’t be far behind.
In recent test patches, dataminers revealed an early layout of the map, which was referred to as Dihor in the game’s files.
X018 takes place Saturday at 1pm PT, 4pm ET, 9pm GMT.
- Surely not Messi to PSG? Neymar teases 'big' announcement
- In-demand Ibrahimovic teases ‘big announcement’ on future
- 4 big beer news stories happened last week
- Brewers’ Knebel makes All-Star Game, learns big family news
- Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages
- WWE Backlash 2018: Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass, winners, video highlights and analysis
- Big Cass Finally Returns From Injury On SmackDown Live
- Bad News for SmackDown Live following Superstar Shake-Up
- Sacked Halilhodzic says Japan took 'big risk' before World Cup
- Won't be hosting any big tournaments in the near future, says Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore