LITTLE Mix say they have clashed with “powerful men” in the music industry.
The X Factor winners’ says they are “winning” against sexism – weeks after the split from Simon Cowell’s label Syco.
They made number 3 in the charts this week with album LM5.
And the girls claim they are fighting back against the male dominated music industry through their music.
Leigh-Anne Pinnock told the Daily Star: “We were as ballsy as we could be with this album.
“We still face sexism in the industry. We’ve been told what we should and shouldn’t do.
“We learned to put our foot down and make sure we are taken seriously as four strong women who have opinions. It’s been a struggle.
She added: “There are still not enough powerful women in the industry compared to men and that needs to change.”
The popsters bagged £3.4million before splitting from their mentor.
They parted ways from the X Factor boss amid claims of a huge row.
Leigh-Anne said: “We’ve had our fair share of arguments with powerful men over what we want to do and how things should be done.
WATCH YOUR STEPS
Faye Tozer admits strain on her marriage — days after Strictly Gio snaps
I’m A Celeb viewers spot show blunder as Hollyoaks’ Malique smokes cigarette
CELEB ON THE EDGE
Dec reveals I’m A Celeb’s Rita Simons ranted about Noel Edmonds off air
Cheryl’s career faces new blow as Caroline Flack beats her to Chicago stage role
Danniella Westbrook wears mask at a clinic amid reports she’s planning surgery
Nick Knowles-fronted construction academy collapses while he’s in the jungle
“I guess this album shows that we’re winning.
“There still is a lot that needs to be done in the music industry, but in terms of our careers we are in the driver’s seat more than ever because we speak up for ourselves, we stick together and make sure our opinions are treated as validly as any man’s.”
She said she was yet to sit in a board room with a “female boss”.
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Chelsea split points with West Brom; City draw vs. Everton
- FRR: The little team that could
- Vanderbilt edges Virginia, wins first men’s national championship
- Decoding Callahan – Week 1 – Building The Foundation
- Freaks Week: Ranking the Top 20 ‘Freaks’ in college football for ’14
- Four on the floor? Payne, Bennett could be Wolves’ future at power forward
- The Vanishing Man
- The Coen Bros. Game – Baseball Style
- Big League Chew: An Oral History
- Game of
- The summer of Bill Murray
- ‘I was blown away’: Welcome to football’s quarterback revolution
- Timeline of Failed Predictions (Part 1)
- St-Pierre defeats Hendricks
- Top 20 UFC memes of all time
- The top 20 fights in UFC history
- Shields defeats Maia, Kim KO’s Silva
- Top 20 WTF moments in UFC history
- Analysis: Top 15 Championship Sunday games in the Super Bowl era
- Brotherly love: Tragedy inspires AJ Pasquale to start anew at UCLA
Little Mix reveal they’ve clashed with ‘powerful men’ in music industry just weeks after split from Simon Cowell have 532 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 23, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.