SHE is renowned for her maths abilities and her regular TV appearances.
Carol Vorderman is a national treasure and one of Britain’s most popular TV personalities – but old is she, is she married and how did the maths whizz charm the UK?
Who is Carol Vorderman?
Carol Vorderman is a Welsh TV personality who is most famous for hosting game show Countdown.
She was born in 1960, in Bedfordshire, but moved to Prestatyn in North Wales after her parents split.
The talented star studied engineering at the University of Cambridge, before working as a junior civil engineer at Dinorwig Power Station in Wales.
After landing her gig on Countdown in her early twenties, she has gone on to star in many TV shows such as Loose Women from 2011 until 2014, Have I Got News for You, The Sunday Night Project and Lorraine.
Not content with conquering the TV world, Carol has also taken to the skies, becoming a fully fledged member of the Air Cadets.
Carol is heralded as one of the sexiest women in Britain after she started showing off her killer figure in clingy bandage dresses.
Carol is also famous for hosting the Pride of Britain Awards since it first started in 1999.
When was Carol Vorderman on Countdown?
She got the gig after her mum arranged for the then 21-year-old to have an audition for the show after seeing a newspaper ad looking for women with good numerical skills.
Despite her young age Carol bagged the job and appeared on Countdown with Richard Whiteley from 1982 until his death in June 2005.
She then carried on alongside Des Lynam then Des O’Connor until 2008.
She was replaced by Rachel Riley who has equally caused quite a stir in the role.
Carol’s 26 years on the show led her to become one of the highest paid women in Britain.
Is Carol Vorderman married?
She had been married twice, first to Royal Navy officer Christopher Mather from 1985 to 1986 and then to management consultant Patrick King from 1990 to 2000.
Carol and Patrick have two children together, Katie and Cameron.
Pretty brunette Katie graduated from Cambridge University in 2015, and it was a special moment for Carol.
Carol told the Mail Online: “I’m so proud. We’re one of the very few mother and daughter duos who’ve done science and engineering at Cambridge.”
What has Carol Vorderman said about menopausal depression?
The maths ace has said she endured six months of mental turmoil before being diagnosed with post-menopausal depression.
She revealed for the first time her responsibility to her two children was “the main reason” she didn’t take her own life.
She said on the Lorraine show: “I would wake up and I didn’t see the point.
Carol said she was eager to address the “taboo” nature of depression by speaking out about her own experience.
“I didn’t see the point in life. The only reason I didn’t do anything is because I have two children.”
When did Carol Vorderman’s mum die?
She posted a touching Twitter tribute to her “amazing” mum Jean hours after laying her to rest at a private funeral.
Her much-loved parent, aged 88, was diagnosed with terminal cancer in March 2017.
Carol has appeared on TV talking about her grief and how she is managing without her mum.
Does Carol Vorderman have a sex tape?
Legions of Carol’s red-blooded fans were caught up in a tizz when she tweeted that she would be releasing an old X-rated tape.
She told her 344k followers: “Hey guys, just want to let you know, there might be a story in tomorrow’s papers about me #regretfrommyyouth #vhs #betamax?
“I want to release it before the papers do. You’re going to see my ‘Consonant Vowel Consonant Consonant’ #TwofromtheTopOnefromthebottom.”
However, given that the day of the alleged leak is April 1, some fans were understandably dubious.
Sadly for some, it was a prank for ITV gameshow Safeword.
When was Carol Vorderman on I’m A Celebrity?
Curvy Carol sent jungle temperatures to an all-time high when she starred on I’m A Celebrity.
Carol showed her cheeky side, too, striking up a flirtatious rapport with comedian Joel Dommett and moaning with pleasure during a group massage session around the campfire.
Carol became the fifth camp mate to leave the jungle, after spending nineteen days in the jungle.
WHO WILL PAY?
Which celebs will be in the first episode of I’ll Get This?
Carol Vorderman gets over men easily and doesn’t believe in ‘love of lives’
Carol Vorderman leaves ITV in chic dress after joking with I’m A Celeb star
Carol Vorderman doesn’t want to be ‘saddled with a bloke’ and loves single life
Carol Vorderman shares ‘spooky snap’ of her lookalike daughter
IT ALL ADDS UP
Six things you didn’t know about former Countdown star Carol Vorderman
MYL, HOW WE CHANGED
Myleene Klass shows cute snap with Carol Vorderman from first meeting
Love Island’s Kem tells Carol Vorderman picking Amber on show was wrong choice
CAN I HAVE I.D. PLEASE, CAROL
Carol Vorderman’s delight after she’s ID-ed to buy wine at 57
IN REAR FORM
Carol Vorderman, 57, shows off her famous bum in show-stopping red dress
Myleene Klass and Carol Vorderman pose for daft selfies at posh restaurant
What has she said about dating?
While discussing her new dating show, My Single Life, on Lorraine, Carol revealed details of her dating life.
Talking about how different women look for different things in dating, she confessed: “Not everyone is looking for a keeper, and that’s the point really. Some are… I’m not.
She added: “I couldn’t think of anything worse at the moment to be perfectly honest. I have had the best week of my life for the RAF 100 celebrations.
“I never dreamed I would be in Westminster Abbey in uniform, working with The Royal Air Force Air Cadets, partying, it was wonderful.
“My fifties have been the best decade of my life!”
- Carol Vorderman discusses amazing plans for Pride of Britain 2020
- Carol Vorderman cuts a stunning figure in blue gown for Pride of Britain Awards
- Carol Vorderman shares glimpse of Pride Of Britain dress ahead of hosting for 22nd time
- Carol Vorderman wows Pride of Britain viewers in figure hugging blue gown
- Carol Vorderman kicks off Pride of Britain Awards with cheeky dig at Dominic Cummings
- Carol Vorderman's dramatic transformation since Countdown debut 38 years ago
- Carol Vorderman's royal blue silk Pride Of Britain look drops jaws
- Carol Vorderman puts her curves on display in tight ensemble on arrival at studio
- Carol Vorderman offers rare glimpse into luxury Bristol home
- Pride of Britain Awards 2020: Holly Willoughby stuns in an elegant black gown while Carol Vorderman wows in blue as they lead the glamour at the first ever virtual ceremony
- Carol Vorderman poses for saucy snap in very low-cut Saucy Santa dress as star counts down to Christmas
- Pride of Britain: Holly Willoughby and Carol Vorderman lead stars turning on glamour for Awards
- Carol Vorderman, 59, looks stunning as she shows off PINK locks and pokes her tongue out in gorgeous filtered snap
- Carol Vorderman opens up about potential for a third wedding
- Carol Vorderman transforms into sexy Santa as she gets into festive spirit
- Carol Vorderman opens up about sex life with 'special friends' but says she'll never remarry
- Carol Vorderman
- Carol Vorderman, 59, drops jaws in plunging Mrs Claus mini dress
- Carol Vorderman reveals post-lockdown transformation in skintight red leather trousers
- Horse racing’s most famous owners, including Man Utd duo Alex Ferguson and Wayne Rooney, the Queen and Carol Vorderman
How old is Carol Vorderman and what has Pride of Britain and former Countdown star said about dating? have 1322 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 6, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.