Actor and comedian Amy Schumer has never been one to keep her political opinions under wraps. Early Wednesday morning, however (Nov. 28), she took things to a new level by sharing graphic footage of herself vomiting after Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith, R-Miss., emerged as the victor in Mississippi’s heated runoff election.
“My feelings on her are best expressed by the above video,” Schumer wrote on Instagram, advising weak-stomached viewers to turn the volume down. “And I don’t usually agree with speaking ill of crackheads, but she has a crackhead-looking mouth,” she wrote, criticizing Hyde-Smith’s “tiny racist teeth.”
Hyde-Smith, the first woman elected to represent Mississippi in Congress, had said of a supporter at a November rally: “If he invited me to a public hanging, I’d be on the front row.”
To many Mississippians, Hyde-Smith’s remark evoked the state’s brutal history of lynching. High-profile donors, such as Walmart, Google, and Major League Baseball, asked for their money back. After initially defending her comments an “exaggerated expression of regard,” Hyde-Smith apologized weeks later to “anyone who was offended.”
The Washington Post had reported that Hyde-Smith previously embraced Mississippi’s Confederate history, proposing to name a stretch of highway after Jefferson Davis and posing for photos at his homestead while wearing a Confederate hat.
Schumer’s inflammatory pronouncement about Hyde-Smith, though, was largely overshadowed by the real reason she was throwing up: The star of “I Feel Pretty” is pregnant and has been dealing with severe, second-trimester nausea that caused her to be hospitalized earlier this month. The video, she explained, had been filmed Tuesday evening on the way to her stand-up show in Tarrytown, New York, which went on despite her sickness.
Thanking the crowd for “being cool with my sweatpants and slippers on stage,” Schumer wrote on Instagram that she would have to postpone upcoming tour dates “until I feel human again.” She added, “I’m so grateful and excited to be a mom. I’m grateful I have access to health care, as we all should have.”
The unfiltered post had nearly 4,000 comments as of early Thursday morning, the large majority of them from fans praising Schumer’s dedication and thanking her for being candid about the challenges of pregnancy. The right-wing blog NewsBusters, on the other hand, derided Schumer’s video as “an act only unhinged liberals would applaud as stunning and brave” and her comments as “hateful” and “mean-spirited.”
Schumer revealed her pregnancy in October, weeks after she was arrested for protesting the Supreme Court nomination of Justice Brett Kavanaugh, in an announcement that was both unconventional and hyper-political: On Instagram, she named more than two dozen Democratic candidates nationwide whom she was endorsing in the midterm elections. As a reward for anyone who made it to the end, she added that she was pregnant.
Since then, the comic has stayed busy even as her severe nausea has forced her to cancel some planned appearances. Shortly before she filmed herself vomiting in the car, Schumer shared another update: She now has her own fashion collection.
On Tuesday, Saks Off 5th announced that Schumer, along with celebrity stylist and costumer designer Leesa Evans, was launching an “inclusive” new clothing line named Le Cloud for the discount retailer. In a statement, Schumer explained that the collection was intended to be “accessible to real women” and that her goal was “to be authentic and to empower women of all ages and sizes to do the same.”
Critics pointed out that the collection won’t actually fit women of all sizes – it goes only up to size XXL, typically equivalent to size 20. For comparison, retailers including ASOS, Premme, and Torrid go up to size 30 or the equivalent, while Lane Bryant goes up to size 32. “Can’t believe this is how I learned that my size 22/24 body doesn’t actually exist,” Jezebel’s Kelly Faircloth wrote. “Finally, I can burn my Lane Bryant charge card, because a being of pure shimmering energy needs no jeans.”
On Instagram, Schumer explained that she and Evans “plan to go up to a size 40 as soon as we can. And it will be soon.”
- Amy Schumer hospitalised with severe nausea during second trimester of pregnancy
- Pregnant Amy Schumer cancels show after being taken to hospital with nausea
- Amy Schumer claims Meghan Markle is her 'pregnancy nemesis'
- Girl, 2, ‘screamed and cried as dad raped her in horrific eight-minute video he uploaded to dark web’
- US midterm election results live: Democrats win House but Republicans hold Senate
- GEC preps for recount of senatorial race
- No ill will behind ‘public hanging’ remark, claims under-fire senator
- Rick Scott wins Senate seat in Florida as Bill Nelson concedes after manual recount
- Kalashnikov off to winning start at Warwick Races
- Deontay Wilder posts video that 'proves' Tyson Fury didn’t make 10 count
- Woman who helps disabled dogs walk again after her own Staffie got sick
- Historic: women dominate Decision 2018 races
- US Senators blast Trump’s statement on Khashoggi
- Geordie Shore stars hit a new low as Chloe Ferry wees in the street and Faith vomits on herself in bed
- Why Populist Democrats Have Gained the Upper Hand in the Primary Race
- Cherokee Nation condemns Elizabeth Warren's 'inappropriate and wrong' DNA test to prove her heritage
- How the balance of power in US Senate could change after tomorrow's midterms
- How the balance of power in the US Senate could change after today's midterm elections
- 'But you don't look sick': Living with an invisible disability
- Benidorm fraudsters who said Jet2 holiday was ruined by food poisoning caught out by bragging Facebook posts
Amy Schumer is just sick over Senate race; she posted a vomit video to prove it have 924 words, post on www.nola.com at November 29, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.