NEW YORK – After a yearlong search for a second home, Amazon is now reportedly looking to build offices in two cities instead of one, a surprise move that could still have a major impact on the communities it ultimately selects. One of the areas the online retail giant is considering is New York’s Long Island City, according to a source familiar with the talks. The neighborhood, across the East River from Manhattan, is fast-changing, where many high-rise towers have replaced empty warehouses. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo met two weeks ago with Amazon officials in his New York City offices, according to the source, who was not authorized to discuss the negotiations and spoke on condition of anonymity. The source said Cuomo offered to travel to Amazon’s Seattle hometown to continue talks. Cuomo told reporters Tuesday that winning over Amazon would give an economic boost to the entire state. He also joked that he was willing to change his name to “Amazon Cuomo” to lure the company. In addition to Long Island City, The New York Times reported Monday that Amazon is also finalizing a deal to locate to the Crystal City section of Arlington, Virginia, just outside Washington,… Read full this story
- Amazon is now using horoscopes to target Prime users with personalized products based on your star sign
- New York names facilities that treated drug-resistant fungus
- Joe Girard III leads Glens Falls to first New York Federation title
- Facebook has reportedly built censorship technology so it can return to China
- Yahoo has a new logo and brand. Again!
- New York investigators reportedly zero in on Epstein recruiter as net tightens around his 'enablers'
- Here’s everything new about the 16-inch MacBook Pro
- New York targets Times Square Elmos and Cookie Monsters
- New York Health Officials Vote To Ban Flavored E-Cigarettes After 7th U.S. Death
- Amazon teases Prime Day deals, Walmart fights back with its own online sale
Amazon considers New York amid reports new HQ offices will be split have 326 words, post on www.rep-am.com at November 7, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.