By Patrick Cavanaugh – October 2, 2018 05:53 pm EDT Share 1 Comments 1 With the first live-action Star Wars TV series reportedly beginning filming imminently, a new rumor has surfaced that claims Pedro Pascal has landed the lead role in the series. The actor played Oberyn Martell in Game of Thrones and will be appearing in Wonder Woman 1984. Few details about the new TV series have officially been confirmed, though MakingStarWars reported, “The last thing I heard was that Pedro Pascal was the person being held up as a central lead in the live-action Star Wars series about the restoration of Mandalore.” The new series was developed by Jon Favreau and will be debuting on Disney’s streaming platform next year. Many of the earliest reports about the series confirmed that the show wouldn’t be connected to the Skywalker Saga, allowing the series to explore countless narratives. Newer rumors, which were also first reported by MakingStarWars, claimed that the series would explore the conflict on Mandalore that was briefly touched upon in Star Wars Rebels. Similar to how the Rebel Alliance fought back against the Galactic Empire in the original trilogy of films, this conflict focuses specifically on the… Read full this story
- 'Star Wars: The Mandalorian' Adds 'Rocky' and 'Breaking Bad' Stars
- Star Wars: ILM Launches TV Division, First Project Will Be 'The Mandalorian'
- 'Star Wars: The Mandalorian' Adds 'Deadpool' Star Gina Carano
- 8 lessons the Star Wars franchise needs to learn to survive long into the future
- The 10 most innovative companies of 2020 in film and TV
- Disney Plus: Everything to know about Disney's streaming service
Star Wars: 'Game of Thrones' Star Reportedly Starring in Live-Action Series have 270 words, post on comicbook.com at October 2, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.