Red Dead Redemption 2 is an ambitiously large game, and it will accordingly require ample space on your hard drive, regardless of whether you’re buying it digitally or physically. Before the game launches on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One next week, you’ll want to clear at least 99 GB of space to make room.
According to Rockstar Games’ support website, here’s how much storage space you’ll need:
PS4 – 99 GB installation space
PS4 – 99 GB installation space with an additional 50 GB for the installation process
PlayStation 4 owners will only need that combined 149 GB of installation space during Red Dead Redemption 2’s download and installation process; the 50 GB required for that process will be freed up after the game is installed. Those who pre-order the game will be able to start the pre-load process on Oct. 19 at 12 a.m. ET, according to a tweet from Rockstar Games.
Update (Oct. 19): The PlayStation 4 version of Red Dead Redemption 2 will ship on two Blu-ray Discs, according to a Tweet from YouTube content creator Kofi. One of those discs is labeled the “Data Disc” while the other is labeled the “Play Disc,” a solution that helps explain how Rockstar is fitting 99 GB worth of game data into the physical version of the game.
Kofi’s tweet appears to confirm reports that Red Dead Redemption 2 will ship on two discs, based on details from the Japanese version of the game’s packaging. We’ve reached out to Rockstar Games for additional detail.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 maker sells 17m games in first fortnight
- 'Red Dead Redemption 2' Had Biggest Opening Weekend Ever In Entertainment
- Breaking: Red Dead Redemption 2 Delayed To Spring 2018, But Gets New Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Players Are Capturing Incredible Photo Mode Moments
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Be Big, But Not Grand Theft Auto Big Admits Publisher Take-Two
- Rockstar Games: Here’s Why Red Dead Redemption 2 Has Been Delayed
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Release Date May Have Leaked from Amazon Mexico
- Red Dead Redemption Publisher Believes In "Traditional" DLC, Under One Condition
- 'Red Dead Redemption 2' Hits Huge Sales Milestone As Take-Two Stock Falls
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Players Finally Solve One of the Game's Biggest Mysteries