FORTNITE’S now-annual Hallowe’en spectacular is upon us, and it’s bringing some huge changes to the game.
As well as a host of Hallowe’en challenges, Battle Royale mode is finally getting monsters added into the mix as Cube Fragments from Kevin will now spawn Cube Fiends and Cube Brutes — and players can grab Fiend Hunter Crossbows to defeat them.
Potentially even bigger than that is the change to gliders.
Players will be able to redeploy their own glider with a tap of the jump button any time they’re more than 10m off the ground.
This massively reduces the risk of building upwards as you can avoid fall damage, and should allow players to move around the map faster as they glide off buildings, hills, and their own ramps to zip around the map.
Not content with that change, Epic Games is speeding up the rest of the game too.
The storm which constantly reduces the playing area over the course of the game as player numbers dwindle willl now take almost a minute less to close in, with 30 seconds being shaved off the time between phases two and three and 20 seconds from between four and five.
Also, the centre of late-game storm circles are going to keep on moving from now on — as soon as they reach a location, they’ll start moving towards another one without pausing.
Players who are knocked down will also only have half the time to be revived–if no-one tries to revive you, you’ll be knocked out in 50 seconds, down from 100.
There are some weapon changes too. The Six Shooter old-West style revolver is introduced, with the ability to fire from the hip for a fire-rate boost, or the option to aim down the sights for an accuracy boost instead.
The game’s other big pistol, the Hand Cannon, is getting a VERY serious buff too.
Long-range headshots with the hand cannon can now kill even full-health players as their damage is buffed just under 70 per cent to over 100.
Fortnite down? Servers going offline for Fortnitemares Halloween event prep
PS4 have consoles destroyed by rival gamers exploiting private message hack
NITEMARES AND WHACKS
What’s the latest on Fortnite’s 2018 Halloween event?
Is Fortnite shutting down, what are the rumours and are the servers back?
EA servers for FIFA, Battlefield and Madden still down worldwide
game the system
Black Friday 2018 gaming deals: here’s where to find the best offers
Body shots get the same percentage boost, but to half that total. Their damage to structures is also being almost doubled.
And finally, Rocket Launchers are now all Pumpkin Launchers. This is a “visual only change” say Epic, so those hoping for a return of last year’s pumpkin-firing sound effect may be let down.
- RANKED: The ‘Halloween’ franchise
- We ranked the ‘Game of Thrones’ characters by leadership abilities — here’s how they did in the intense season finale
- We went to Red Lobster for its ‘Endless Shrimp’ promo and stayed for 8 hours — here’s what happened
- DEVELOPING TIMELINE: Latest Verified Updates Of Crashed AirAsia Flight QZ8501
- We ranked the ‘Game of Thrones’ characters by leadership abilities — here’s how they’re doing so far this season
- Here’s how the remaining ‘Game of Thrones’ characters rank by leadership abilities
- All the biggest moments from ‘Game of Thrones’ season 7 episode 2
- Every ‘Game of Thrones’ romantic relationship, ranked from worst to best
- A $200 billion investor just made ‘a special decision,’ and it highlights a huge risk in the stock market
- Photographers reveal the stories behind 2015’s most powerful pictures
- Democrats are running an experimental campaign to turn a deep red state blue
- Dreamers work to create huge new park in Delhi
- What's Better Than Galaxy Note 3 And HTC One Max? The Newly Launched Nokia Lumia 1520
- For JLaw, the game is far from over
- Tesla is taking a huge risk with the Model 3 — and it may not pay off
- From Hosts Of Racing To Ghosts Of Racing: How These Famous Tracks Fell Into Despair
- 11 thought-provoking questions raised by ‘Westworld’
- Scientists around the world are worried about a Trump team proposal to ax NASA’s 58-year mission to study the Earth
- 26 of the most powerful female engineers in 2016
- Here’s everything we know about Nintendo’s new $300 console, the Switch
Fortnite update goes Red Dead with HUGE changes to the game for Halloween as 6.20 Fortnitemares patch notes are revealed have 749 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 24, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.